Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confusion

I got one the scale today to weigh in to monitor weight loss since my last weigh in (on Sunday- I typically weight 1-2 times a week). It only showed a .2lb loss. I was hoping for, and expecting more. Since I'm eating and exercising with the intention of hitting the 2lb loss per week (which I hit the week before) I expected to see a loss somewhere around .8lbs. I am extremely discouraged.

I've really tried to better my nutrition this past week or so as well as building better workouts. I have taken days off running, but I always fill in with other cardio in place of it. I added yoga back. I added circuit training routines two days out of last week that left me sweating more than running sometimes does. I started counting net calories burned as opposed to gross calories burned even. I upped my calories slowly (just 150-100 more than what I was eating- which my calories needed to be upped for what exercise I'm doing and calories I'm apparently burning). I added more weights- I feel like I'm getting strong in that respect. I don't understand how I can improve my exercise and nutrition but stop losing weight.

I've also felt like I'm gaining around my midsection. It's odd. I don't know if it's my imagination but since Sunday or a day or so before I've just felt "fatter" I guess- and I see it in the mirror (or perhaps I just think I see it).

I look at the things I have changed and try to see what could be the cause of this change in weight loss results, but I just can't place it. Maybe someone else can see something I can't?

I've been eating 1300-1350 calories a day. I've been staying within the range of carbs (50% calories from carbs), I've been staying within range of fats (25% calories from fats), and I've been getting enough protein (sometimes going over 10 or so grams- 30% calories from protein). I've been doing around 1 hr of cardio a day- strength training 20-30 min almost everyday (not working the same muscle groups two days in a row). I've been doing yoga maybe 3-4 times a week. Added circuit training 35-45 min sessions (only added those this past week- 2 days). So I'm burning around 500-600 Net Calories daily. Leaving me with a deficit of 750-1000 calories each day.
The only other thing I changed was I started drinking a protein shake or two a day last Saturday. (120 cals 1.5 gfat 5g carbs 20g protein). I typically drink them right after a workout with a banana. Could that be the culprit for the lack of weight loss?

Any idea as to why I feel bloated and fat and full constantly- and am convinced I can see a difference in my midsection?

Any help or advice or anything is much appreciated- I'm really beating myself up over this- I thought I was doing well. I have fought so hard to overcome and ED NOS that for me to follow the nutrition plan that others say I should and yet not see the results is hard mentally and emotionally (as I'm sure it is for everyone).

Replies

• jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    Big thing to do is measure yourself. Weight is not a good measure of health and changes in your body as muscle weighs more. Also, you say you feel like your midsection is getting bigger, but that might be a mind thing. Get a measuring tape and measure your stomach, biceps, chest and thighs and use those measurements as the real test for how your are doing. Weight is a fickle thing and be affected by so many things, especially for you women. Don't get discouraged-keep going!