"Bless you" for pet sneezes?

Options
mad24K
mad24K Posts: 13
So my best friend's cat sneezes this a.m. and I say without hesatation (but with a laugh) "bless you" to THE CAT! LOL... realized probably been doing forever :) Am I alone here?!

Replies

• brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I do it all the time. Actually though, the cat meows at me when I sneeze, so I call it an even trade.

:flowerforyou:
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I bless the cat, the dog and the chinchillas!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I do it also, lol.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    all of God's 'children' can use blessings!
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    Oh no. I do it all the time. Actually though, the cat meows at me when I sneeze, so I call it an even trade.

:flowerforyou:

That's hilarious!! My dog sometimes "pets" me when I pet her...so I guess they all like that "even trade" sort of thing!
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    Of course x my dobermanns sneeze all the time and I always BLESS YOU them x I personally find it annoying when I sneeze and noone says BLESS YOU x I moan about it until somebody does hehehehehe xxxx
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    if theres a sneeze i automatically say "bless you" doesn't matter who/what sneezed
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :smile: My folks are card-carrying atheists, but because of this, I have always enjoyed learning about the different faiths and philosophies out there.

One of my more memorable visits to a church was on the Feast of St. Francis! There was an animal procession including a chimp, a baby elephant and a tortoise (the latter was carried on a pillow). They were all blessed, along w/ all the pets that the parishioners brought for the occasion. It was a nice way to be reminded that we all live here together - so no, I don't think that's weird at all! :laugh:
  • tracylesq
    tracylesq Posts: 12
    Options
    I say it to my pup. She sometimes gives kisses to me after I sneeze. Or she lifts her head to make sure I'm okay.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I say it all the time to my two cats. I talk to them like they are my kids and can understand me. Secretly, I think they DO understand me but choose not to listen.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Usally im busy wiping off all the drool my dog just sneezed in my face
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    If somehow "OH GROSS EWWW" translates into "bless you!" then yes, I do.

Mostly the cat/dog will sneeze and I will be covered in nastiness. First reaction is to nastiness, second reaction is to animal!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Given the history as to why people say bless you, saying it to your pet is LMAO.gif
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I say it all the time to my two cats. I talk to them like they are my kids and can understand me. Secretly, I think they DO understand me but choose not to listen.

:laugh: That's so funny. When my son says a prayer for our meal and his cat is meowing, he'll tell her in a parental voice, "Judy, the grownups are praying". As if she understands or even cares. :laugh:
  • audbbgirl
    audbbgirl Posts: 83
    Options
    I always say "God Bless You!" to my animail babies
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I say it to the critters, made even sillier because I'm an atheist! :laugh:

I don't say it as much to the dog, because he sneezes allll the time. He's a Pekingese, so he's a Buddhist. I don't think he minds.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Any time anyone sneezes I immediately say bless you. People in the stores look at me weird but what's wrong with a little courtesy even if you don't know the person?

I also say hello to my kitty when she walks into the room and goodnight before we go to bed. She's just a little person with fur and fangs :smile:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I totally say "Bless you" to animals. LOL
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Guilty!
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I bless them all anyone/everyone that sneezes! :D