Too much protein

Options
I eat all my wokout calories back every day and I am trying to lose 1 pound a week. I am always over the protein limit (by 10 to 50 over). I don't ever have enough fats or carbs. Is this a problem? All I want to do is eat eat eat! I have to burn 500 or more calories a day to be happy. I go over my calories still!! But I am still losing at a slow pace. I just can't seem to get enough carbs or fats!

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no going over on mfp protein is fine so long as you do not exceed 1 gram for every pound of your body weight.
  • nuovocapitolo
    Options
    I would say the "goals" they provide as just a suggestion. You still have to use your own judgement specific to your body.
  • crunchypks
    Options
    For starters you can adjust those numbers based on your personal needs/desired rate of loss. Secondly, are you making the right choices with your food? Obviously the protein is great if you're working out a lot. I would suggest you relook at the food pyramid and see if you're meeting all your needs and maybe try to pick other foods from those same catagories that better meet "your" needs. Just an FYI (and I know everyone is different) but I try to avoid using the calories that I burn in the gym to create a greater deficit at the end of the day. I still work to meet all of my needs but try not to defeat the purpose behind working out...burning those extra calories.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm always over my Protein hasn't been a problem for me so far.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I eat all my wokout calories back every day and I am trying to lose 1 pound a week. I am always over the protein limit (by 10 to 50 over). I don't ever have enought fats or carbs. Is this a problem? All I want to do is eat eat eat! I have to burn 500 or more calories a day to be happy. I go over my calories still!! But I am still losing at a slow pace. I just can't seem to get enough carbs or fats!

My body does best when I'm under 100 g carbs and over 100 g protein. I don't generally pay attention to or worry about fat g. This is what I strive for. This makes me feel good and helps me lose weight. But everyone's body is different and every one will tell you something different is "right" or "wrong". This is simply what works for me. :)
  • jaclynshanehoffman
    Options
    In my health and fitness class it was advised to us that when working out you need to eat more calories when working out to provide your body enough energy, and protein does not need to increase with your intensity of workout. SO professor says don't compensate more protein cause your working out, but compensate the calories because that is what is providing you energy. Also when working out 'hardcore' you need recovery time for your body and if you are not including rest intervals in you work out schedule then when you aren't well rested (muscles are tired) your workout is not going to be as effective --if at all. Recovery time is really important!!!