Giving up soda starting today...anyone want to join?

Options
2»

Replies

• KKButter
    KKButter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking of doing this for the pass 2 weeks its time to stop thinking and start doing ....I':drinker: m in !!!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. I never say I'm giving up anything. That just makes me lust after it harder. I just ask myself if there is a healthier alternative. And If I must have it.... I will
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Is it diet soda that you drink? I used to have at least 5 Diet Cokes a day and if I skipped a day, I would get headaches, get tired, etc. - like withdrawals! Caffeine doesn't affect me (I could have an espresso 5 minutes before going to sleep), so I'm convinced it's the aspartame.

At any rate, I did a kick-start diet back in the middle of January which limited the items I could consume for 5 days. So, I went off the soda cold-turkey at that point, and haven't had one since! It's actually nice to feel refreshed rather than bored when drinking a glass of water.

If you're having a hard time, I would give up a few things at once so you're not focusing on that one item that's missing from your day.

Good luck!!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm pumped so many are joining me or have already given it up!!!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    I WILL JOIN YOU! I only drink a lot of soda if it's available to me but its always what I go for when i'm at the store or out to eat. And I can't stand Diet soda so its the all regular to me. It's killing me! I know i've gained a ton of weight in the last year because of it.
    We can be each others support!
    ADD ME!
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    I'm in!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have done it, but didnt stick to it and yes it is scary. I say go for it. I am rooting for ya. :-)
  • GiGGiTy3434
    GiGGiTy3434 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On Jan 1st 2011, I decided to give up soda. I was drinking dt mt dew all the time. I haven't had the first drop of soda since then and I didn't have any headaches or anything. I was very surprised. I drink alot of flavored waters and caffiene free tea w/ splenda. I really don't miss the pop much at all.
    Good luck to you.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic goal you have! i gave up regular and diet soda for almost a year, and you can really feel the difference! plus your waistline will thank you :) if i crave the fizzy feeling, i'll drink seltzer water with lime. for the most part, i just drink lots of unsweetened green tea.

you can do it!!! :)
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    So?? How's it going for everyone that decided to give it a try? As an ex-Diet Coke addict (103 days clean :tongue: ), I can tell you it feels great to get it out of your system and not be craving it all day long.

I hope you're all finding success!!
  • dlf0001
    dlf0001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have not had diet soda in approximately 3 months... I am drinking more Crystal Light water however as well... some unsweetened tea occasionally... hang in there everyone... perseverance is the key.