Will i lose weight if i eat carbs????

Options
2»

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the enemy. Higher protein will help you feel more satisfied and full for longer, but carbs are needed for your body as well. I have eaten carbs the whole time I was losing weight. Much more than 15g a day. I would have whole grain pasta, veggies, fruit, cereal, and the like. The key is go high fiber, as high as you can find. That generally means less processed and closer to what food it actually like when growing.
    this he is bang on the money.
  • bekmom57
    bekmom57 Posts: 16
    Options
    I went to a dietician and she told me that you need to balance out the carbs. In my case I get 44 carbs 11 fat and 17 protein per meal and on mfp it figures it out for me. So I just put in food until I'm around those numbers.. it' s a great plan. I have had success with it. I'm also diabetic and my thinking was that you had to avoid carbs. But that's not true. Of course my dietician said to eat more whole grains etc, not the refined carbs. Which makes sense to me. I don't eat a lot of refined carbs anyway.
    I save my meals using the quick tools bar where you log in the food. So if you save the meals you can put a title on them such as Dinner - Cod, baked potato. you get the idea. THen you save it and you can automatically put it as your food for the day next time you eat that meal. Makes it easier then always typing the same foods over and over. Just ask if you have any questions. Keep up the good work.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    first of all, what is a pt?? does that mean doctor??
    if so, do what your doctor says to do. don't listen to a bunch of people in a forum with different OPINIONS. Do what your doctor says to do. b/c everybody is different.

Me, personally, I am sensitive to insulin, so low carb works for me. I keep mine under 100. but def keep it under 150. if your trying to lose weight and improve your health that is.

if all you care about is losing weight, then heck yeah, eat 1000 calories worth of twinkies a day. you'll lose weight. ;)
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Of course you can, just eat complex carbs. Like brown rice, wholewheat bread and pasta.

Don't eat anything in excess and you will be fine.

Complex carbs are good. Refined sugars, processed flours, are bad. Brown rice, grains, barley, oatmeal, quinoa, sweet potates etc. good. White bread, white rice, regular pasta, cookies, crackers, bagels, etc. not the best. I still eat white rice with my sushi, but come on...cut me some slack...it is like a quarter cup of rice...geez.
  • crunchypks
    Options
    first of all, what is a pt?? does that mean doctor??
    if so, do what your doctor says to do. don't listen to a bunch of people in a forum with different OPINIONS. Do what your doctor says to do. b/c everybody is different.

I think she means Personal Trainer. I absolutely agree though. If we're talking Dr then what we say is irrelevant. :-)