Ugh... I'm back and completely unmotivated. To eat or to wor

Options
SO.... I haven't used MFP to count a single calorie since September of 08. I got pregnant with my first that September and then got pregnant with my second when my first was only 6 1/2 months old. I've tried to get back into a routine of working out and eating better but i'm finding it a little harder than it used to be. I'm completely unmotivated to eat for most of the day, living the first 4 to 6 hours on coffee and then once my stomach starts to hurt and I HAVE to eat something it's not healthy of course bc i'm in a hurry to eat before someone needs a diaper change or a bottle. In the evenings i can cook and eat pretty healthy but an hour or so before bed time I'm starving again, but craving junk food. I can't eat first thing in the morning otherwise it makes me sick or i end up staying hungry all day and won't quit eating till bed time... What's something i can eat for breakfast and lunch that'll be good for me, won't taste like hay and can help me lose all this baby weight? I've tried carnation instant breakfasts with soy milk and i really like those but i never know when my next meal will be bc of my crazy SAHM schedule so i may need something more substantial to fall back on. Thanks!

Replies

• debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just by getting back on here, you're more motivated than you think. I got a lot of help just looking at other people's food diaries to get ideas on what to eat (because I'm not that creative). Oatmeal, Kashi Go Lean Crunch (my favorite cereal in the world!), and Thomas's whole wheat bagels (no high fructose corn syrup) are really good starch options to add to your breakfast. I try to keep breakfast under 300 calories and I learned from a friend who studies nutrition (and is on MFP) that it's best to try to eat most of your carbs/sugars during the early parts of the day. I work at a restaurant now and for the past few months it was ridiculously hard for me to stick to any sort of diet. I just kinda said forget about it because I was so tired every night I came home. Then I would eat whatever was around... Not good. Even though you're busy, you've got to eat and learning how to get that breakfast in well before 6 hours after waking up will keep you from over eating at lunch. I have to eat breakfast in the morning because I usually wake up ravenous! Especially when I've been cutting my calories. Just sounds like you need to space out the calories a bit instead of waiting until you're too hungry to make good decisions (kinda like grocery shopping on an empty stomach). Good luck!! Friend me if you'd like, we're all here to support you!!!
  • crunchypks
    Options
    I do a lot of gym work 6 days a week but my story is otherwise very similar. I have an 11 yr old and then a 23 months old and a 10 month old. I've been fighting to get back into shape for a couple of months now and have really struggled to get breakfast in. 3 days a week I'm with a trainer @ 5 am and that doesn't make it any easier. What I have found is that I can replace my morning protein shake (after workouts) with an Atkins advantage shake for the same amount of protein and call it breakfast. It seems to give me the extra push that I "need" nutritionally without forcing me to eat. I usually drink it right after I get home/while I prepare the coffee pot and it's not too high in sugars, carbs, fats,or calories. That meets all my personal criteria. Maybe you can find something like that. i only use it on gym days but it seems to do the trick. On non gym mornings I eat an egg sandwich while I'm pushing kids out the door and making lunches for the fam. It gives me the advantage of a single pan and no plate to drag around so it doesn't slow down my routine or interfere with feeding babies. Again, high in protein, lower in carbs. Whatever direction you decide to go good luck.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall :) I may just try the shakes for breakfast until i get used to something heavier and maybe instead of meals i'll just try quick snacks until i get used to eating heavy before dinner time.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

Now get back to logging and making progress.

You can do it!

:flowerforyou:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    say, how did it work out wth your husband's job and not getting paychecks?

is all well?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat: MFP hiatus while having my second.

Easy things for me to do for breakfast - boil eggs in advance and keep in the fridge (eat with fruit), mix plain greek yogurt with protein powder and a little granola and/or berries, cottage cheese with tomato, cucumber, fresh ground pepper and sunflower seeds.

Lunch - Frequently I'll make larger dinners and have leftovers for lunch, or a tuna sandwich or the cottage cheese, tomato, cucumber combo.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a greek yogurt and piece of fruit most mornings for breakfast. Sometimes I will have a granola bar if I am on the run. If I have more time sometimes I will cook up an egg and make a sandwich on an English Muffin -- or I might do an open face hot ham and cheese with Canadian bacon and a small amount of cheddar.

Lunch is often a salad with diced chicken, feta, tomato, and chow main noodles. I will also do sandwiches because they are easy.

Planning is key -- do your grocery shopping and have good choices on hand when the urge to eat overcomes you. I no longer have unhealthy options in the house so I have to eat well.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    you-can-do-it.jpg