The tools to shed fat and maintain or gain some muscle

Options
We all need a helping hand to understand how fat loss can be simple, improving upon our diets and making it stick. Diet is not a secret to shed fat we can do that with a simple caloric deficit or burning more than we eat in the run of a day. To an extent this is true but where those cals come from can either turbo charge the fat loss or slow it down to a crawl. That part is up to you so I decided to put together some helpful info to get you off on the right foot and make the permanent life changes needed to shed fat and maintain or gain a moderate amount of muscle, some are posts of mine and some are to get your diet setup as we are all different but we all need to work off the same basics. For those whom are fans of fad diets stop here, do not bother to read on as you are not ready to make this a life long thing, you are still seeking ways to cheat and get fast results or that magic pill. This is for those whom want to keep it simple, stop the roller coaster of fat loss/gain and make life changes. Before you embark on this make sure you track at least 2 weeks worth of calories and log everything religiously otherwise you are cheating yourself of results, So without further ado here we go:

1) Metabolic type, yep we all have different metabolic types this is the reason why some diets work well for others and not us, the right diet works for you not others, if you are dieting and are miserable there is a reason for it, take this free test to see what works for you.
Link: http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/self_test.html

2) Body type, yep you guessed it we are all different body types, some gravitate to a meat diet some veggies so take this test here to determine what you are:
Link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

3) Tools to explain why fat loss is simple, but the changes can be harder.
Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/210894-feed-to-shed-fat

4) Lastly Here is a link for foods that burn fat and those that turn to fat as a basic guide as well as some clean eating links:
Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211524-tom-venuto-s-10-foods-that-burn-fat-and-10-that-turn-to-fat
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/
http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do

Now as for support there are many wonderful members on here whom will help support you, and many knowledgeable members and there are lots of members who are so full of crap their eyes are brown, educate yourself and learn yourself, a flat belly starts in your own home making your own meals. If you want quick fixes and convenience then expect to pay through the nose for it. Eating better does not mean paying more at the grocery store.

Replies

• mjmtxk
    mjmtxk Posts: 33
    Options
    Great post! I'll definitely check out the links. Always up for learning some new things! Thanks!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    HI

Great resources and information. Thanks! :smile:

And I agree a lifestyle change and life long committment is what is required. No temporary fixes,
    NO fad diets or gimmicks, nope, not me!
  • stred321
    stred321 Posts: 48
    Options
    A Carbo Mesamorph! I have bookmarked both pages to read later thankyou!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great information. Its very much appreciated!
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article plus links; interesting reading.
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump, too many links for my allowable time right now. But I am interested to read!
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    PROTIEN TYPE! ha! DEAL! if my plate looked like that I would be one happy lady!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You realize that any foods turn to fat when you eat over your caloric needs right?
    And that NO foods are going to automatically turn to fat. I know tons of shredded bodybuilders that consume sugar post workout to spike insulin and send protein to the muscles. So your article about what turns to fat and what burns fat is nonsense.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    its foods to avoid and its not my article its from tom venuto, I know the principles and what foods help weight loss and what ones hinder it. I am just reposting it as a helping hand for those who need it.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    its foods to avoid and its not my article its from tom venuto, I know the principles and what foods help weight loss and what ones hinder it. I am just reposting it as a helping hand for those who need it.

Understood. And a lot of the info is helpful. But you can lose weight while still consuming those things if you're hitting your daily macro goals.I choose to avoid many of them but they don't "turn to fat".
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    yes I am aware of that, I have been very successful on the fat loss side of things, and you can eat twinkies and shed weight if you so choose but doing it effectively and getting maximum benefit from a health perspective you really should not eat the junk stuff.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    ^^agreed.

I agreed with the overall purpose of the post, I just didn't agree with how it was worded about foods turning into fat. because a lot of people actually believe that certain foods turn to fat and that they can eat unlimited amounts of "good" foods.

Thanks for all the articles I'm sure they'll be helpful.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    no problem, I like to help out others.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For my body the link about body types says to not 'overdo' it on cardio.... I do my elliptical/kickboxing videos 6 days a week and strength 3 days.... is that overdoing it in the cardio side? Thanks

Laura
  • ohcaptain
    ohcaptain Posts: 25
    Options
    I wonder what doing "moderate weight training" at a "fast pace" actually means translated into real world exercise. And why I'm in between categories on all these tests, lol.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    For my body the link about body types says to not 'overdo' it on cardio.... I do my elliptical/kickboxing videos 6 days a week and strength 3 days.... is that overdoing it in the cardio side? Thanks

Laura
    6 days a week is a little high but if you are eating back all the exercise cals then you should be ok, I like to do a 2 day a week rest period not necessarily back to back but I judge it off my energy levels during the week.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    I wonder what doing "moderate weight training" at a "fast pace" actually means translated into real world exercise. And why I'm in between categories on all these tests, lol.
    medium weight, more cardio. Similar to a metabolic resistance routine like the spartacus workout seen in this link: http://www.spartacusworkout.com/program.html#week2.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    thank you!! bump!