April Challenge - How many cals will you burn in April?

Options
Welcome to anyone who wants to join my April Challenge!

I'm going to personally burn 5,000 calories this month. I'm used to a lot of weight lifting so my calorie burn is never too high, I'm going to give it a jolt this month and break down how much I need to burn daily/weekly to keep on track.

~ Goal ~
5,000 cals burned in April
1,250 to burn per week

Secondly I'm going to try a new workout once per week this month that I've never done before to change it up:

Yesterday I hiked a brand new spot I've never been to before.

Lastly my water goal is 448oz per week, 64oz per day as I have been slacking a bit on my water.

Who would like to join?

Replies

• symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am going for 7,000!!! My goal is to work out everyday for 30 days, so with this goal I believe I will be able to burn 7,000 calories this month!!!
  • littlewatty1980
    littlewatty1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    On average I burn about 500 a day so average about 15000 a month. I am in marathon training though! ;-) Endurance running will get those calarie burns high!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Wow! You guys are amazing, I tend to do waaay more strength training than cardio so I'm trying to bust out of my box and run a lot more because I actually really like it.

Great goals both of you! I feel like 5,000 may be too low now, I'll see how I do two weeks in :)
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think 7,000 might be a little tough to do, but if I started 30 day shred yesterday and I burn 210 doing it, and in order to burn 7,000 I need to atleast burn 233 everyday, so as long as I do a little extra I should be good! Maybe if you also incorporate strength WITH your cardio you'll burn even more calories!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Exactly, that's going to be the challenge is getting in my 30-40 minutes of strength which doesn't burn that many cals with some cardio. I'm up for the challenge though!
  • beffy191
    beffy191 Posts: 71
    Options
    Oh wow. I think i'm going to try to burn 5,000 calories as well.
    I burned 3,124 last month and I only started tracking on about the 14th of March so I think I can get up to 5,000 this month. :)

So far:
    April 3rd- 137
    April 4th- 116
    April 5th- 207

TOTAL: 460
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Great job so far Beffy!!

I found that breaking it down to what I need daily/weekly is helping me focus on what exercises to do to reach that goal.

So glad to have you join us :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 9000 calories burned for the month. That's about 300 a day. I love this challange!!!

4/1 : 318
    4/2: 245
    4/3: 431
    4/5: 364
    Total so far: 1,358!!!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    19k for April ... on my second month of double workouts. Hoorah!!!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I'll shoot for 9000 also.
    I've only have 209 so far but I'm ready to get my butt moving!!!
    So about 400 a day. :)
    I'm doing the c25k and I always to an extra 20 or so minutes so I know I can do this!!! :)
  • JennS19
    Options
    Add another 345 cals burned from last night....bringing my total to : 1,703!!! Werk!!!
  • beffy191
    Options
    I burned 3,124 last month and I only started tracking on about the 14th of March so I think I can get up to 5,000 this month. :)

So far:
    April 3rd- 137
    April 4th- 116
    April 5th- 207

Adding April 7th- 281

So far: 741 Calories
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    JennS19 - 9,000 calories this month! Great goal!! You're already doing great! What kind of workout do you do?

nikkishai - omg 19k! Wow girl, you are superhuman! Keep it up, what do you do daily?

Nikkerz620 - 9k as well, you guys are putting me to shame! It's so motivational to have you all doing this with me. The greatest thing about this challenge is that you can easily make it up with a few good workouts and catch up :) How do you like couch to 5k?

Beffy - Love the ticker!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Ok so here's everyone's calorie burn goals for April:

Johnnygirl777 aka Amy - 5,000
    symphonika - 7,000
    littlewatty1980 – 15,000
    beffy191 - 5,000
    JennS19 - 9,000
    nikkishai - 19,000
    Nikkerz620 - 9000

Still waiting to hear from Shawna & Andra on their goals!
  • Nikkerz620
    Options
    I really like C25K!
    I've never been a runner/jogger just a fast walker... :laugh:

I love jogging now!!!
    I look forward to it!!

I just want to start tryin to jog outside because it's so different than inside.
    I'm on week 2..
  • scottyy3323
    Options
    Those are some great goals everyone.
  • Nikkerz620
    Options
    Up another 600 that's 962/9000......... :love:
  • JennS19
    Options
    I really like C25K!
    I've never been a runner/jogger just a fast walker... :laugh:

I love jogging now!!!
    I look forward to it!!

I just want to start tryin to jog outside because it's so different than inside.
    I'm on week 2..

I'm the same. I'm burning most of my calories with jogging and doing C25K. Right now it's on the treadmill but I"m hoping this weekend I'll be able to get outside and enjoy the Michigan sunshine.

I also recently started doing Jillian's 30 shred. It definitely gets my muscles working! LOL

Will have another workout tonight on the treadmill. I'm shooting for aboaut 360 calories but will update my total then. :smile:
  • beffy191
    Options

So far:
    April 3rd- 137
    April 4th- 116
    April 5th- 207

Adding April 7th- 281

So far: 741 Calories

Adding April 8th- +216 (dancing- 12 mins, kickboxing- 10 mins, pilates- 10 mins)

TOTAL: 957 cals.

Even though I am having a hard time getting myself motivated lately.. I think i should be able to make this goal by the end of the month!
  • Moorticus
    Options
    I am going to burn 4,000 cals this month. That will be a challenge in itself considering all the S**T I have going on this month! Also, I am going to challenge myself to do classes at the gym that I have never done before, and that I am a bit scared of! For instance, I am finally going to take that kick boxing class that has been staring me in the face! I've never taken a kick boxing class before so that should be interesting. Also, I am going to attempt at least one yoga class, this also terrifies me! I have only tried 5 minutes of yoga in my entire life and it was super hard! So that too is a big challenge for me! I have decided that by the end of this month my final challenge will be to start P90X. I have been wanting to do it for years, so I am going to stop dreaming and DO IT! These are my challenges! Next month I am going to step up my burn goal even more...this month is just a CRAZY one!