Chub Rub and Other Funny Reasons to Finally Lose the Weight

Options
Funny but true!!! Here are my 12 Funny Reasons (in no particular order) to finally lose the weight:

Reason #1: Chub rub sucks.
My thighs literally ruin my pants- true story. And, no wonder. When I walk long distances, its like a fire is about to start down there (and not in a good way).

Reason #2: To wear more high heels.
You know what I mean if you are a heavy lady (or a man, I dunno) who likes to rock a nice pair of pumps. Its like trying to balance a pound of sugar on a golf tee.

Reason #3: Spanks are not cheap.
I miss buying tiny, dainty, little thongs and panties from the $1.00 pick bin. Bras and panties should be pretty, not industrial. I figure losing weight will save me a good $360 a year on undergarments (don't get excited hubby! I plan to use that extra cash on high heels).

Reason #4: Since we are on the subject, no more friggin' annoying fat tax.
Plus size clothes are given a fat tax. That's right, skinny people. My clothes cost on average $2 more.

Reason #5: Increasing chance of survival...should a zombie apocalypse occur.
Fast zombies, a meteor shower, a tsunami. How are you going to escape if you are too chubby to run? Seriously! Think of this: you're taking a nice dip in the ocean and the lifeguard yells "shark!" Those extra pounds are gonna weigh you down in the water! Or, you're on a camping trip with friends and all of a sudden, a bear comes out of nowhere. Who is getting out alive? Ever read a book or see a movie about a group of individuals trapped for a long period with no food? They aren't considering the skinny girl for dinner, I will tell you that much.

Reason #6: I'm bringin' "flex-y" back.
I used to be really flexible! Now, not so much. And, its a hard reality that, as much as I love yoga for weight loss, my chub prevents me from doing a lot of the poses!! In thinner years, I used to be able to hold a bow and arrow pose. Let's just say that it doesn't look this pretty anymore!

Reason #7: I won't fear Dr. Glenn, Dr. McDermont, or any doctor anymore.
They are such nice doctors. But, honestly, I want to hide a hammer in my handbag and sneak it into the room before the examining room. You know, the room with the scale. When the nurse excuses herself to get the blood pressure machine, I want to take said hammer and bash the hell out of the scale to no repair. When the nurse returns she can take my blood pressure but I won't know a thing about what happened to that scale.

Reason #8: Back fat.
'Nough said.

Reason #9: If its my birthday, I want a darn slice of cake.
Don't look at me weird waitress from Olive Garden because you heard me right. Yes, I would like a piece of tiramasu.

Reason #10: Because the letter of the day shouldn't be double D.
I want to be able to take a jog without fear that I will bounce my boobies right off my body. And, I figure that if I lose a little bit in the chest region, my husband will pay much more attention to what I am saying. They are distracting and he has admitted it!

Reason #11: Intimacy will look a lot better.
Okay, plenty of hefty people can get it on! But, you have to agree that when you are big, there is a lot more happening then there should be. Just sayin'.

Reason #12: Because if another person asks me when I am due, I'm going to jail for murder.
I have literally said, "Oh no. I am not pregnant. I'm just fat".

Do you have any funny reasons to add?

Like what you read?? :o) Follow my weight loss blog! I would love the support! xo

http://askinnygirlinside.blog.com/2011/04/07/chub-rub-and-other-funny-reasons-to-finally-lose-the-weight/

Replies

• jacksonde24
    jacksonde24 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm tired of people asking me how my diet is going, especially from family members.
  • KylaWyla
    KylaWyla Posts: 1
    Options
    You made my day with your post! You are hilarious!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I want to be able to take a jog without fear that I will bounce my boobies right off my body. And, I figure that if I lose a little bit in the chest region, my husband will pay much more attention to what I am saying. They are distracting and he has admitted it!

and you don't have to worry about giving yourself a black eye. I'm 5'2. 36DDD
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Because children are WAY to honest... and also not very tactful... Try hearing a four year old say "flap your flappy thingies mommy!" about your upper arms every day. :D
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything clever and funny to add. But I wanted to tell you that this is hilarious. I laughed out loud.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Because children are WAY to honest... and also not very tactful... Try hearing a four year old say "flap your flappy thingies mommy!" about your upper arms every day. :D

:laugh: and :flowerforyou:
  • rtholgash
    rtholgash Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is hysterical.....i died laughing.....It's all so true though! I loved it!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. You brought a smile to my day. :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

Reason #3: Spanks are not cheap.
    Love your reasoning!! I totally did a spit take when I read that. Gotta clean the screen now...
    But yeah, spanking costs extra! :embarassed: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options

and you don't have to worry about giving yourself a black eye. I'm 5'2. 36DDD

5"4 42 E..Jumping Jacks be about to kill me! LOL
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Reason #5: Increasing chance of survival...should a zombie apocalypse occur.
    Fast zombies, a meteor shower, a tsunami. How are you going to escape if you are too chubby to run? Seriously! Think of this: you're taking a nice dip in the ocean and the lifeguard yells "shark!" Those extra pounds are gonna weigh you down in the water! Or, you're on a camping trip with friends and all of a sudden, a bear comes out of nowhere. Who is getting out alive? Ever read a book or see a movie about a group of individuals trapped for a long period with no food? They aren't considering the skinny girl for dinner, I will tell you that much.

This is probably more sad than funny -- but I had a nightmare couple weeks ago that we were trying to escape this tsunami -- lava thing and my fiance and kids were able to either climb over this stupid fence or squeeze through it -- but I was too fat. I woke myself up screaming "just go -- save the kids!!!"

But the rest of these were definately LOL worthy -- thanks for posting :)
  • ohcaptain
    ohcaptain Posts: 25
    Options
    Finally someone else who considers zombie apocalypse without provocation. Bravo, the list was hilarious. :laugh: :glasses:

I'd only add:
    having to hear, "Why, you don't look that heavy," from the nurse at the gynecologist's office who weighs me;
    never being able to borrow clothes from friends;
    I used to like taking pictures! but the camera adds 10 lbs, right?;
    I miss swimming, which I don't do because... well, being wet isn't attractive anymore;
    & does anyone else feel like they're wearing a fat suit?? :sad:
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Loved this! Being able to cross my legs under a desk was a MAJOR NSV for me.

Ang
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Those are HYSTERICAL! And I have used and or thought of some of the very same reasons!

In addition to the chub-rub how about not have every pair of shorts I put on crawl up into never-neverland! Because there just isn't anything sexier than a chubby girl having to pull her shorts out from her crotch!
  • ASkinnyGirlInside
    Options
    @ wzimmermanomg! AH HAHAHAHA! I can't believe I forgot that one! :o) OMG, please post this on my blog. Its hilarious! <3
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The saboteur: The thinnest person in your office.. that always manages to have a few cookies or whatever tastie snack she has that day left over.. Brings it to you and assumes you'll gobble it up.. even though she knows you're trying to eat healthy and be active..
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love this. I hope you don't mind if I send this to a few of my friends in a weight-loss group. I think they will like it too.
  • ASkinnyGirlInside
    Options
    @ rizorw. Absolutely! Please link to my blog for credit when you spread the love! :o)