hCG shots

Options
Hi- I have a friend who took the hCG shots and lost a lot of weight. I have been thinking about doing it. Has anyone tried this??

Replies

• mrsblair84
    Options
    The manager where I work was starting to do some kind of shots. Don't know what it was...probably the same one. She said she had a friend that did it and lost a lot of weight. I think she said it was a monthly shot.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    scary! no thanks!
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is a weekly shot. (at least the place I called was) and you are on a 500 calorie diet while you are on the shot. The website said you can lose between 1-2 lbs a day.
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    My brother in law and sister in law just finished doing that. They lost a bunch of weight and look really good. I just don't think I could do 500 cal a day...just doesn't sound healthy. Now they are on a modified Atkins Diet and I bevlieve up to 1200 cal. I figure if you are on a 00 cal diet even without the shots...you're gonna lose weight.
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    500 calorie diet! No wonder you lose weight.. yikes
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    I ment 500 cal diet...lol
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My aunt tried that for a while. I don't know if she really lost weight or not, but she started acting really nutty and manic. Please be careful!
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    I wouldn't be to keen on getting shots...not sure about the HCG drops either...however drops may be safer... do your research to be sure!! :smile:
  • Steph1628
    Steph1628 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have taken hCG shots for other reasons and can tell you that if they are not medically necessary, I wouldn't want them. They are pretty painful compared to others I've taken.
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Search "HCG" on this site - there is a thread dedicated to those who use HCG for weight loss......Read "Pounds and Inches"
    (you can find it several places on the internet) and learn about the protocol. Talk to the people on the thread and decide it it is for you......they are very helpful and can answer all your questions and give you many, many success stories
  • yenohamk
    yenohamk Posts: 117
    Options
    My aunt tried that for a while. I don't know if she really lost weight or not, but she started acting really nutty and manic. Please be careful!

I can believe it...500 calories should be low enough to drive anyone mad!!! I'm mad just thinking about it. But I agree with someone who posted that on 500 calories a day, anyone could lose weight. Leave hCG to the pregnant people and work this weight loss thing the same way you put it on...with time and (the right kind of) food.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The shots are of a hormone taken from the urine of pregnant women. It has been proven to be ineffective for weight loss. The reason people lose weight so fast is because they're on a 500 calorie a day diet. This diet has been around since the 1970's, but has recently become popular again. It's great if you have money to burn for placebo shots, like starving yourself and are too lazy to exercise. Myself, I think I'll stick with portion control and regular exercise!
  • rachelwebster
    rachelwebster Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    anyone will lose weight on 500 calories a day, sounds like a scam....and not healthy.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    this is a really bad thing I think. 500 cal a day is not enough for your body to stay healthy. I hope you do not do this plus I've seen people lose a lot of weight in a very short period of time and then they gain it all back plus more.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if people were meant to lose weight with HCG it would already be in our bodies and not just in the bodies of pregnant women. Also, 500 calories is too low and could make you develop anorexia or any number of other eating disorders. Just don't do it.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The maker of HGC even has a disclaimer on their website that it has not been proven to be effective for weightloss. it has been proven over and over to be not effective in all the scientific literature. either way you cut it you will lose weight on a 500 cal diet,

there is no quick fix, and no shortcuts
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Wow lol well you got alot of negative replies I usually don't waste time arguing because I respect everyone's opinions after all you asked and they are giving it. So if you'd like to get advice or ask questions from those actually on it and maintaining after using it and be able to check off anything you consider pros or cons please feel free to msg me or here is the link to our support group thread. As always no matter what you decide remember anything you use (oops typo) as a tool to lose weight is just exactly that...a tool and you won't keep it off if you don't change your lifestyle for good. I wish you the best! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/209491-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?page=5
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I will def be thinking about this!