Know any good hip / thigh exercises?

Options
Does anyone know of good exersices to lose inches off your hip area? I hate that pocket of fat that is just below the glutes but off to the side! Lunges?? Steps?? Resistance Bands?? Old school Jane Fonda leg lifts?

Replies

• tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I have a video that came from walmart,,it's called Walking at home that helps sculpt the legs and thighs that may help,,i've been using it and I love it....Good Luck and congrat on your weight lose...
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Squats and Lunges. I bought a video called "Fit in Your Jeans by Friday" at Walmart. It's by Kim Kardashian, who I don't like but she's got hips and a butt like I do. It's a good workout and I can feel a difference within a few times of doing it.
  • micarla1
    micarla1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a big difference from squats and lunges. Im best at the static lunges as i find i have the best control at these, or side lunges where u bend slightly forward mainly targets inner thigh but a real good one. Squats - toes pointed at ten to two (slight angle pointing outwards) - sets of 20. 1 set slow, 1 set med, 1 set quicker - add jumps, knee raise and kicks to these too!! My ideas are from exercise DVDs if that isnt your thing then fitness mags!

Also an exercise called the clam works the hips look it up!

Carla
  • DEMORIE
    DEMORIE Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started turbo fire...it does everything total boy and there is alot of kicks and squats and jumping that works on the lower half....
  • ak247
    ak247 Posts: 12
    Options
    if your looking to lose weight this will be of use to you, read what i wrote in the 3 or 4th post
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211835-help-in-developing-an-effective-body-shaping-exercise-pr?page=1#posts-2796340

for leg training for your glutes, hamstrings, quadricepts, calves, inner and outer aductors, lower back and abdominals your resistance training should have squats as your mainstay with seated legpress, hamstring and quadricept curls and lunges. if you go to a gym, look for hip adductor machines. they make you open and close your legs with resistance, working out the muscles which help you generally help you lift and stabilise your leg sideways, commonly in kicks