NSV - another fast food restaurant victory!

Options
I had no idea what to make for dinner..and my hip that wasn't bothering me anymore.. decided to flare up throughout the afternoon. Definitely couldn't focus on any ideas for dinner.

I asked hubs if he wanted Subway for dinner and he said yes. I preplanned enough to look up healthier choices. I decided to get a 6inch roast beef with no cheese and only veggies on it. Total of about 300calories.

Once on line I looked at the menu and debated. They had all the calories posted so that made me more comfortable choosing a different option. Then I saw the salads....

I ended up getting a subway club salad for 140 calories.. plus a few more for the black olives.. came home added 1/4 cheddar cheese and light balsamic dressing. ..

so for about the same amount of calories.. or even a little less.. I am stuffed and I didn't have the extra calories from bread, cheese, sauce

in the past I would have ordered a footlong subway club - extra meat - cheese, on herb and cheese bread with assorted veggie toppings and the southwest sauce or mayo... about 1200 calories right there.

there's a part of me that knows how yummy my regular choice would have been...but the other part of me is happy knowing I made a better choice for me right now and that I can have dessert tonight as well, lol

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Congrats and Keep it up!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's great! :bigsmile: Not sure I could resist the temptation once in the shop though!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!! Subway is so much better for ya than the Hamburger joints!!! I sure do miss them though!!!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I did the same thing tonight. I got a salad while my kids had burgers and fries.
    It's all about moment to moment choices.

Go you!
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Good job! Great choices!!
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, sounds delicious!

GREAT work and discipline!!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My Subway fav is,

6''
    Roasted Chicken
    Herb & Cheese Bread
    Cheese, either or any kind, White Ched or J
    Bacon. Must have, I am sorry.
    Lotsa Lettuce
    Light Mayo
    Honey Mustard
    Tomatoes
    Lotsa Red Onions
    Black Olives
    (When they had it?) Shredded Carrotts
    S&P

Mm Subway. Sounds good. Too bad I have dinner cooking atm. Mm Chicken Dinner.
  • amym107
    amym107 Posts: 5
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Subway can be quite deceptive I reckon. Because of the advertising ect you think and I'm sure a lot of other people think it's a healthy choice, well done on doing your homework.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great job! I had Subway the other day -- they got a platter of subs at work -- even a 6" Spicy Italian was 500 cals! They also brought in coupons for free 6" subs, so I went online and decided to get a sub with ham, no cheese, and assorted veggies on wheat bread. Still satisfying but healthier than what I'd normally get!
  • mikebesurfing
    mikebesurfing Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the willpower. Keep it up.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm trying your choice next time I go.

My go to fast food meal is Chic Fil A's Deluxe Grilled Chicken sandwich 300 cal, 3.5 g fat, 38 carbs, Side Salad (70 cal)w/ lite Italian dressing (90 cal, 8g fat, 3 carbs) and a water. I love this meal !
    I only use 1/2 the dressing on the salad and a tbls. on the sandwich. ( No croutons or sunflower seeds).
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Great choices!

We have a Subway in the hospital where I work, and I eat there like 3-5 times a week, including last night for dinner, haha... I love their low-cal 6" subs and the honey mustard and sweet onion (fat free) sauces. I too used to get extra cheese and pepperoni on my subs with mayo, etc. Feels good making healthier choices doesn't it? And surprisingly the low-cal choices still taste very good :)
  • katlondoncanuck
    Options
    well done you!!!!!
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing Shea from The Biggest Loser get a Subway sandwich and she had them scoop out some of the breads innards before they added anything-that has always impressed me!
    I love bread in any form and tend to over-do it, so that might be a way to have my..uh, bread and eat it too!
    Dona
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Celebrate all small victories.

Personally, I caved today and went to Wendy's for lunch. . . BUT only got a Jr. Cheeseburger and side salad -- NOT the single with cheese and fries.

On the way home, I was wondering what the appeal was -- it didn't taste as good as I remembered.
  • cabbie461
    cabbie461 Posts: 23
    Options
    You will succeed because your heads in the right place. thats the hardest battle. You have it beat. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!