30-Day Shred for November

Options
I started today but close enough - bought it on Amazon. You can get it new for $12 and that includes shipping.

Did level 1 with my daughter and 1 pound weights. (I wasn't holding my daughter, she's 14. But she did the video along with me.) :laugh: Anyone know where you can get those Reebok dial weights? I definitely need 5 pounders.

Couldn't finish the push-ups and I was even doing the girly version. Did everything else that didn't bother my hip. 27 minutes with warm-up and st:etch at the end. You can get a good review at:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-7963

Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• seegirlrun
    Options
    I started today but close enough - bought it on Amazon. You can get it new for $12 and that includes shipping.

Did level 1 with my daughter and 1 pound weights. (I wasn't holding my daughter, she's 14. But she did the video along with me.) :laugh: Anyone know where you can get those Reebok dial weights? I definitely need 5 pounders.

Couldn't finish the push-ups and I was even doing the girly version. Did everything else that didn't bother my hip. 27 minutes with warm-up and st:etch at the end. You can get a good review at:

Anyone want to join me?
  • LeelaStar
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!! :flowerforyou:

I have done level 1 ten times now and I have really noticed a difference in my endurance. I am not quite ready to move on to level 2 (still need to work on being able to do all the push-ups, the abs stuff, and those side-to-side lunges with the front arm raises in interval 3).

My goal is to shred 4-5 times a week...hope it's OK to be in this challenge and not shred every day! :happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 with my daughter and 1 pound weights. (I wasn't holding my daughter, she's 14. But she did the video along with me.) Anyone know where you can get those Reebok dial weights? I definitely need 5 pounders.

Target has the dial weights here in my area.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    4-5 days a week sounds good to me - I really don't think I could realistically do it every day for 30 days either.

How about we just post when we shred and cheer each other on?

And thanks for the tip - I saw them originally at Target about this time last year and didn't get them. They've been gone for months. Maybe they're back again - definitely worth a look see. And I can check out their fitness clothes at the same time. :happy:

Update:
    YIPPEE! Went to www.target.com and found them and THEN you can look and see if they're available in a store near you. Says they are. I'm going SHOPPING tomorrow! Thanks much!
  • denimangel
    denimangel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm already with you!!! I've been doing 30 day shred since September 1. I should be into level 3 but because of a knee injury there are some that really hurt my knee... so I'm sticking with level 2 and increasing the size of my weights. I do it every day.. 6 days a week and have been for 2 months now!! And I can see a difference not only in my endurance but in the lean muscle that I am gaining.
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge in Sept and lost 10 lbs, I did another excersise 'program' this month, and i missed SHREDDING! So I am in too. I never did make to L3.:grumble:

But I am totally in for the month of Nov. I miss being sore!:flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this also. Im commiting to everyother day. And then inbetween those days im going to do my wii fit. :bigsmile: Lets do this.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    I am totally in!

i'm going to get the video today. I've been wanting to start this for a few weeks now, but it's been a busy week. Plus i kinda wanted to wait for the beginning of the month. I'm soooo excited, i've never done it before, so all you out there that have.....thanks for all the good words about the program, it's really helped me want to get motivated.

So, Good Luck Everyone!!!
    Laura
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    What exactly is shredding?
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    Shredding is the pet name for Jillian Michael's video 30-day shred. Check it out at:

• gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Thanks! I love Jillian--she's SO much better than Bob on the BL.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was going to start another 30 days of her "Making the Cut" workout, but this sounds interesting too, and I wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn:grumble: , or even make it to the gym for that matter. I think I've seen these at my nearly extinct movie rental store. I'll see if I can find one and give it a try to decide if I want to start this challenge, because I definitely need a challenge!

Angie
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! A challenge is great motivation for those days you don't feel like working out!! I have been doing level 3 for 4 days now, and i can already see the difference. Day one i did some girly pushups...and yesterday i was able to do all the hard version!!!! Some days i have done level 3 and 1...and i am sweating like CRAZY!!! Good luck to everyone this month!!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am in - I did the Oct challenge - although my goal was 2x a week - so for Nov I will up it to 3 times per week with walking and Wii Fit on off days.

I am in!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! A challenge is great motivation for those days you don't feel like working out!! I have been doing level 3 for 4 days now, and i can already see the difference. Day one i did some girly pushups...and yesterday i was able to do all the hard version!!!! Some days i have done level 3 and 1...and i am sweating like CRAZY!!! Good luck to everyone this month!!!!!

WOW-level 3 must really kick your butt. I can't get past level 1 yet but I am seeing HUGE improvements in what I can accomplish during the video. I am working hard to get there!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options

WOW-level 3 must really kick your butt. I can't get past level 1 yet but I am seeing HUGE improvements in what I can accomplish during the video. I am working hard to get there!
    You will get there:flowerforyou: !!!!! It's amazing how much stronger you get throughout the video....level 3 is a killer, but i don't think its toooo much more intense then levels 1 and 2.....in 3 you combine cardio with strength(jumping jacks with dumbells) and there is "traveling" pushups which are killer!! But i still think 1 and 2 are butt kickers!!
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    I bought the Reebok adjustable weights today. Not cheap but I've been drooling over them since last year about this time.

http://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Adjustable-Weights-12%2e5-lbs%2e/dp/B000VT5C2G/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1225414619&sr=1-10

Got them at a local Target as suggested by cmriverside. (I called first, the store closest to me didn't have them. The 2nd closest did. Yippee!)

I shredded with 2 1/2 pounds. In SOME exercises I could have used the 5 lbs but there wasn't enough time to change. I'll bet in a week though I'll be there all the way around.

As a side note, I've seen pictures posted. How do you do that?
  • lost70
    lost70 Posts: 4
    Options
    I got the dvd last month and I love it! I can tell a big difference in the way I look. I am so in this challenge!!!:happy:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got the DVD earlier this week and haven't even opened it yet becuase I need to go get some weights. I am gonna start Monday. I was hoping there was gonna be a topic on it so I could get it on it.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just rented the video, is there only one? Levels 1-3? How often are you supposed to do it? I did the "Making the Cut" workout 4 x a week. It was a 30 day thing, is this like that?

Angie