Got a question (pushing a stroller)

Options
I went for a walk today and when I go for a walk I am always pushing a stroller. So when i log my exercise do i log walking AND pushing a stroller? Or do I just log 1 of them??

Replies

• ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I went for a walk today and when I go for a walk I am always pushing a stroller. So when i log my exercise do i log walking AND pushing a stroller? Or do I just log 1 of them??
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I would say just use pushing a stroller...that assumes that you're walking as well. Otherwise, there's no pushing happening. :happy:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I would guess just pushing a stroller. I think it insinuates walking.
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    But when I put just the walking it says I burned 247 calories and when I do just pushing the stroller it says I burned only 187 calories. Wouldn't it be more calories burned to walk pushing a stroller?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Probably not, your not pumping your arms. who knows.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Can we share exercise entries? Look for stroller in the database, if we can share, you'll see the one I entered. It mentions pushing a monster in a stroller. Use about 1/2 of the calories listed, and it should be correct for walking.
  • bethany169
    Options
    I think the calculation for pushing a stroller also takes into account that you can rest a little of your weight on the stroller, similar to how people tend to rest their arms on the handles of a stairclimber. It takes some of the weight off your legs so you burn less calories.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I looked on calories per hour and it does give less calories for pushing a stroller, but if you are pushing a wheelchair it gives you more. I think it assumes you are not walking very fast if you are pushing a stroller. I would put what you would if you are walking as long as you are walking as fast as you push your stroller :laugh: :laugh: sounds funny. Good luck. :bigsmile:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor. I know for a fact that you burn more calories and move slower with a stroller. You may rest your arms on the stroller, but you MORE than compensate for that by the fact that you are pushing (just my own personal stats) 25 pounds of baby, 35 pounds of stroller, water and snacks for both of you forward. Yes this does not mean that you are pushing the full force of 70 pounds plus forward, unless you were sold a stroller without wheels. I'd check the warranty on that puppy. Anyway. It takes more energy to move you baby and stroller forward than if it was just you.

Best advice? BUY A HEART RATE MONITOR YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!