the crisps have to go

Options
I'm a massive crisp lover but alas they are not really helping with weight loss. I mainly eat them in the evenings but have not eat any for a couple of days saying that i have not munched in the evening at all the last couple of days and low and behold a weight loss in 2 days of 1.4lbs.
Maybe those pesky evening snacks were my downfall as i eat well during the day then figure 1 bag wont hurt etc.

Can quitting bad snacks in the evening really produce such a loss in such a short time????????????? or was it just a fluke

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    It's possible that the late night snacks were putting you over your calorie limit.

Good to hear that you lost weight though! :)
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm always on my calorie target for the day maybe it was the type of food. Ive also been drinking water like a mad woman lol
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Well more water can never hurt! :D
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It could be from the sodium in the crisps. You may have lost that much simply because your sodium intake has decreased. Lots of sodium will make you retain fluid. Also, I am not sure if they are available where you live, but here in the US there are a type of crisp/ chip by Sensible Portions called Veggie Straws and Veggie Chips. The original ones are just lightly salted. They also have other flavors such as cheddar, apple & cinnamon, and barbecue. The straws are shaped like french fries. 38 of them have 130 calories, 15 carbs, and 290 grams of sodium. That is lower than most potato chips. I eat them to satisfy my craving for something crunchy and salty. I hope you can find them.
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    well done! My downfall is my chocolate, if you can lose weight that quickly in the 2 days for cutting out the crisps, i may have to really stamp down and cut the choclate out too and see if that helps!

Like i said well down for the weight loss and for the will power to cut out the snacks!!!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    I am a chippy monster.... It's my biggest downfall at the moment.
  • Terri73
    Options
    well done! My downfall is my chocolate, if you can lose weight that quickly in the 2 days for cutting out the crisps, i may have to really stamp down and cut the choclate out too and see if that helps!

Like i said well down for the weight loss and for the will power to cut out the snacks!!!

I found if i wants something that not good for me i'm learning to take a bit of water its working so far. I do it for cigarette cravings too as trying to give up!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i love crisps as well but havent had any for the last 6 weeks,:smile: i dont each sandwiches, cause thats when i like crisps
  • Terri73
    Options
    i love crisps as well but havent had any for the last 6 weeks,:smile: i dont each sandwiches, cause thats when i like crisps

ooh crisp sandwich....lol
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I too am an addict. In Canada, we have a lower calorie version, baked Layes potato chips. serving size is 23 chips for less than 200 cal. I have these about 1 night a week, usually Friday night, if I have some calories left. I try to save some for this.
    If I don't have some chips once in awhile, I may go nuts and completely quit (again).
    :smile:
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    I might have to try that, I am trying to give up smoking too so will try this little tip! Thanks!
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    Have to admit I'm not really that much of a crisp eater. When I was on my summer holidays from uni I took a temporary job at a crisp factory, where I was put to work on the frier's. I had to pick out all the burnt ones, then load the cooked ones into the barrel for the flavour to be added, then from there into the big container to be sent off for bagging up. It was one of the hottest summer's I can remember, people were passing out as the temp in the factory by the frier's got up to over 100 most days. My dad knew when I was home as he could smell me before he saw me.....believe me perspiration and salt and vinegar flavouring dust is not a nice smell. Needless to say this experience tempered my desire for them. I think it was a good 2 years after that before I had another bag !
  • tinytearsie
    Options
    Interesting......I work full time and go to college part time so i try to fit in yoga, walking and gym when i can. So this means eating late in the evening. But i'm eating really well and watching everything. I even collect calories so i can use them for drinks at the weekend. But my weight isn't seem to be shifting at all. I'm thinking is it cause i eat late some evening ( 2-3 hrs before bed).

As anyone got any tips for me.....
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Have to admit I'm not really that much of a crisp eater. When I was on my summer holidays from uni I took a temporary job at a crisp factory, where I was put to work on the frier's. I had to pick out all the burnt ones, then load the cooked ones into the barrel for the flavour to be added, then from there into the big container to be sent off for bagging up. It was one of the hottest summer's I can remember, people were passing out as the temp in the factory by the frier's got up to over 100 most days. My dad knew when I was home as he could smell me before he saw me.....believe me perspiration and salt and vinegar flavouring dust is not a nice smell. Needless to say this experience tempered my desire for them. I think it was a good 2 years after that before I had another bag !

I think I need to go work in a chip factory lol
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    Well It certainly put me off. I think it was more the smell than anything. I pretty much stank of cooking oil, BO and crisp flavourings. Not nice
  • Terri73
    Options
    maybe we all need a time of working there?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    maybe we all need a time of working there?
    Can you also schedule me in for some time at a chocolate factory please? :D

Joking apart, I've just remembered that nearly 30 years ago my mother took a temporary evening job at an easter egg factory and was allowed to eat any broken eggs - she ate so much she ended up hating it, and she still rarely eats chocolate even after all these years. Tempting as it sounds, the "stuffing yourself until you're sick of it" is a bit of a risky strategy!!!)