Moobs

Options
OK OK I now have to admit it......I got moobs.

My legs are great, my arms pretty good, my shoulders and back are ok BUT.....I got MOOBS and my gut is ...erm....round...its a beer barrel.
Help is needed from those who have changed the shape please

Please

Rue

Replies

• kenuk1
    kenuk1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dude, same boat, gym is the way forward, Im down a bra size in 4 weeks lol.
  • RuePaul
    RuePaul Posts: 12
    Options
    I hear ya, going tonight concentrating on the top half tonight big time

Rue
  • kenuk1
    Options
    Stay away from the machines and go with free weights, I made the mistake of starting about 8 weeks ago and the difference between machine and free lifting is massive.

You just started today?
  • RuePaul
    RuePaul Posts: 12
    Options
    Fair point, started a few weeks ago but mainly cardio, will try free weights if I can get anyway near, busy gym!!

Rue
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've got the dreaded moobs as well :( I found that because of my size I was never really comfortable in the weights area of the gym (still really uncomfortable with my body) but I did find that Yoga really really helped me! I think because your streching and breathing and it's quite a hard workout that it helped me to shrink mine a fair bit - now I just do lots of cardio and i've tried the weights once or twice :) My belly on the other hand is still my biggest problem - need to figure out the way to shift that!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Just work on reducing bodyfat.
    And avoid beer. It makes you produce estrogen, which can contribute to fat storage in your breasts.
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you need to lose fat, doing weights will just build the muscle up behind them. you can't choose where you burn off fat, unfortunately.
  • kenuk1
    Options
    Im on a mix of cardio and weights, noticed a hell of a difference fairly quickly.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    And avoid beer. It makes you produce estrogen, which can contribute to fat storage in your breasts.
    WOW, okay that is one thing I did not know. Is this true? I know my diet hasn't been great over the past 20odd years and I do drink a lot of beer (bitter, guinness etc) - does this really happen?
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    As a general response, I was about to post a question of a similar thing, but glad I searched and not repeated myself..

I thought it would be funny to measure mine today (Bra Calc: http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php) and I'm a UK/US 48A - it made me laugh that I was measuring, but relieved that it said A (somehow comforting that I wasn't a B or C - I think that makes a difference with your bodyfat % and stuff like that)..

I've also been doing some research and the recommendation as the best way to lose moobs is to do Reverse Incline Push Ups.. Do a search for it. This helps with reduction and toning..

What I am curious about is why do they seem to take so long to reduce in comparison to other fat stores on your body??

Anyway, good to have a bit of a blokey issue discussed..