what are the 5 foods never to eat?

Options
I am flat broke and can't afford to buy that book...let me guess.
1. bananas
2. potato chips
3. pastries
4. sugar
5. softdrinks

Replies

• michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    Thank you for answering that! That AD bugs me - but I'm not gonna buy it either!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with bananas??? I love bananas.
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    Why not eat bananas?:ohwell:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Why would bananas be on the list?
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm tired of the banana hate.
  • ereeners
    ereeners Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know why bananas are on the list? I have one for breakfast everyday.
  • nooner33
    nooner33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Maybe bananas are on there because of the sugar....but that doesn't make sense because it's fruit! I usually eat bananas with peanut butter before my workout in the mornings...it gets me going! I guess if you eat like 7 bananas a day it could be bad, but even then you wouldn't really be reaching the toxicity levels of potassium....so....I'm not sure.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana once every day and I've lost weight fine, but whatever. I too am tired of the banana hate.
  • Siobhancarmichael
    Siobhancarmichael Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Because banana's are full of carbs.. which store as fat.. they're good to eat first thing in the morning, but try to avoid them in the evenings!! :) x
  • erikrichter
    erikrichter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bananas are fine... They might be on the higher end of the calorie spectrum for fruits, but they have a ton of potassium and are a great pre-workout food.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    It's because of the glycemic index. I eat them anyway. I think they are one of the most filling fruits.
  • rakelros
    rakelros Posts: 67
    Options
    Well, it´s not really bad to eat bananas.
    The only problem with them is that they´re extremely fatty.
    So, a good rule would be, that if you want to eat bananas, try to eat them before 3pm in the day, that way the body has more time to burn it before turning it into fat while you sleep.
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that the OP is guessing, not stating. And yeah...bananas....really?
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So, a good rule would be, that if you want to eat bananas, try to eat them before 3pm in the day, that way the body has more time to burn it before turning it into fat while you sleep.

....no....they're not. Sugary, yes. Fatty, no. And the whole eating carbs and fat before you sleep thing, well...read some articles on that too.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Bananas are one of the best foods to eat before a workout. The potassium and natural sugars give the body an extra boost in energy. Compared to other fruits they may be a bit more calorie dense, but it's all good. It's like saying you shouldn't eat avacados because they are high in fat, or stop eating carrots because they are high in carbohydrates.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options

Bananas are fatty? Seriously? Have you looked at the nutritional content of a banana? Most of them have less than a half a gram of fat. They are an all natural food and much better for you than the crap that most people eat.

And everyone please stop with the nonsense of when you can and can eat certain things, it's absurd. Which is more healthy @ 9pm, a banana for a fistful of chips or cookies? I'll take the banana any day.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    They are just trying to sell a book. I don't believe in the whole "foods you should never eat". This is a life change, not a diet. Diets are something you do for a short time. This is for the rest of your life. I don't believe in making certain foods off limits, it's everything in moderation.
  • misschilard
    Options
    Well I have had all those and lost 23lb since January!! There is no food forbiden as long as you ensure your other meals allow the goodies :-)
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bananas are one of the best foods to eat before a workout. The potassium and natural sugars give the body an extra boost in energy. Compared to other fruits they may be a bit more calorie dense, but it's all good. It's like saying you shouldn't eat avacados because they are high in fat, or stop eating carrots because they are high in carbohydrates.

I think this post was a guess at the 5 foods because of that ad that always pops up on the side of the screen. There is a lot of differing opinions on natural sugar. I think the guess on bananas is because they are high in sugar...Some people say that sugar is sugar and no matter the source your body will process it the same way. Others say natural sugar is fine and not to worry about it. I always find it interesting to read these posts because the same conflicting views repeat
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A banana is featured in the ads that say, 'Five foods you should never eat'.

I eat a banana every day, and sometimes two. They are amazing for you. Maybe the ad is for people who are just desperate to be skinny fat. I'd rather be fit fat right now.