How long did it take you to lose those last 5-10 pounds?

Options
I am 6 lbs away from getting to my goal and I am getting so frustrated. I feel like I've had no progress the past month. Yeah I lost a few inches but that's all =(

These last 6lbs are KILLING me, so much that I'm getting discouraged.
Any advice?
How long did it take you?

Replies

• Peanut1026
    Options
    I have lost 10lbs since March 1st.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I saw Jillian Michaels give the following advice:
    - limit sodium to about 1500mg/day
    - intensify your exercise without increasing your calorie intake.
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    forever..... I have got 5 llbs to lose and haven't lost a thing in a few weeks.... but hey, look positive... at least we are not gaining either!!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have 15 pounds to go and it is BY FAR the most frustrating so far. The first 50 melted off.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a BIGGIE! Water weight is a battle. Make sure to pay attention to this, even the healthy foods have lots of sodium
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    I saw Jillian Michaels give the following advice:
    - limit sodium to about 1500mg/day
    - intensify your exercise without increasing your calorie intake.

So exercise a lot more and don't eat back the cals?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My last 10lbs took 9 months to lose. Was very frustrating but you'll get there in the end if you stick at it :) Especially as you're losing inches try and focus some more on that and less on the scale, my body changed more in the last 10 than the first.
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did what Jillian Michaels said without knowing she said it. Took me 2 months to lost the last 10 that now I am shooting for another 5.
  • chicalatte
    Options
    forever..... I have got 5 llbs to lose and haven't lost a thing in a few weeks.... but hey, look positive... at least we are not gaining either!!!

That's true. But it just irks me. Because if I saw an improvement I would be more motivated to push myself a bit harder. But since I haven't im kind of in the mood of "f*** it"
  • chicalatte
    Options
    My last 10lbs took 9 months to lose. Was very frustrating but you'll get there in the end if you stick at it :) Especially as you're losing inches try and focus some more on that and less on the scale, my body changed more in the last 10 than the first.

What were your exercise and cal intake habits?
  • chicalatte
    Options
    Sodium is a BIGGIE! Water weight is a battle. Make sure to pay attention to this, even the healthy foods have lots of sodium

Is there a way to track how much sodium on here?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'd rather lose inches than lbs! I don't care if I'm 400 lbs as long as I'm a nice, tight, toned size 4! lol (not that that is possible, but you get what I'm saying). So be happy about the inches and don't worry about the scale. You're replacing fat with muscle (which, in terms of area, is more dense and therefore weighs more), so you're getting healthier and smaller. Be happy with that and keep up the good work, you'll get there eventually!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    For the last 5, try not to focus so much on the pounds. You're losing inches, and that's way better. Try to look at your goal as a range rather than a fixed number. 5 lbs is nothing! Keep doing what you're doing, and the inches will keep coming off. They're way better than pounds anyway. :)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I am 6 lbs away from getting to my goal and I am getting so frustrated. I feel like I've had no progress the past month. Yeah I lost a few inches but that's all =(

Any advice?

You don't give us enough info to truly be able to help. Open up your diary so we can see what you are eating. How often do you work out? How many calories do you burn in a work out? How much water are you drinking?
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    I have decided my goal weight is just a randomly chosen value (based on my college weight). My real goal is a FLAT TUMMY. Because I am losing inch (just like you are) I feel like I am still making progress. I am also building muscle, so I am focusing on reshaping the 132 lbs: not losing more. But it is not easy. Watching the scale gives you more immediate feedback than the measuring tape and loose pants :laugh:
  • mcointreau
    Options
    When I'm "stuck" for a few weeks, I find that if I stop measuring myself for a couple weeks, when i come back I have inevitably lost 2 pounds. So the downward trend continues. Also, at the end, I'm less focused on losing weight and more focused on LOOKING great. Inches are so much more important. No one is looking at you and thinking, "hmm, I wonder if she weighs 156 or 152?" They are thinking: "wow, look at her legs, those arms, that butt! How'd she do that?"
  • chicalatte
    Options
    Haha, I'd rather lose inches than lbs! I don't care if I'm 400 lbs as long as I'm a nice, tight, toned size 4! lol (not that that is possible, but you get what I'm saying). So be happy about the inches and don't worry about the scale. You're replacing fat with muscle (which, in terms of area, is more dense and therefore weighs more), so you're getting healthier and smaller. Be happy with that and keep up the good work, you'll get there eventually!

I lost 4.5 inches in a month but now I'm just stuck =/
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

What were your exercise and cal intake habits?

July til xmas I lost 6lbs, was just going to the gym twice a week for strength training and walking as much as possible. Was staying under my calories pretty much every day, eating back exercise cals.
    Xmas gained about 3lbs but lost that within a week afterwards.
    January started insanity, for the first month was doing it 6 x a week, second month about 2-4 times a week, along with the gym still. Food habits were up and down in feb/march, some really good days, some bad, but not bad enough to gain any, just stay the same. Got back on track more recently. Lost the last 4lbs since new year, but in times when I wasn't losing any I was losing inches and fitting better in my clothes. General fitness levels improved loads from insanity too.
  • chicalatte
    Options

Any advice?

You don't give us enough info to truly be able to help. Open up your diary so we can see what you are eating. How often do you work out? How many calories do you burn in a work out? How much water are you drinking?

My eating and exercise varies.

I work out at least 20mins everyday (circuit training),
    I eat from 1,000 to 1200 net cals every day (I did have a bad week though, but I have forgiven myself for it and stayed on track since)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I've been working on losing my last 10lbs, and last week I only lost .4 so I was pretty upset by that considering beforehand I was getting at least 1lb loss a week. I cut my sodium down to 1500mg, added a little strength training, and today I weighed in and lost over 3lbs!
    ETA: I also increased my water intake to 12+ cups a day.