Frusrated ... Should I give up?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your support and help. I guess it was my emotions talking. I shouldn't give up, and I won't. This IS a lifestyle change and I am in it to win it!! I just thought I'd see changes a little faster than I though. Eating healthier has improved my overall feeling. I feel healthier, more energized and this is the way I want to feel. I know I didn't gain this weight in 2 weeks and I am not going to lose it in 2 weeks, I just expected the scale to be a little more friendly. Like someone said, Slow and steady is the way ... so that's the approach my body is taking, and I should listen to it, and let it do it's thing, just keep nurturing it back to it's healthy state :)

THANK YOU ALL!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to give up? You'll never get anywhere that way. Just take it a day at a time. Relax. Have fun. :glasses:
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't EVER give up!!!! I've been at it for a year and its been a roller coaster ride...I'm also getting frustrated with my weight, but I refuse to allow myself to give up.!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have been changing my body for about 6 YEARS now. It's a journey. Lose fat, build muscle, gain strength, train for a 5K, do some powerlifting...it's not just about the scale. It's about challenging yourself with new goals all the time and promoting your body to become more dynamic. Last year at this time I was powerlifting, and I was really good at it. Now I'm biking 15-20 miles a day and I'm pretty good at that. Those are two vastly different adaptive systems. My weight changes at times, and other times it doesn't. Obviously my back is very lean in my avatar pic, but I don't look like that right now. Giving is just not an option!