• pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Roasted Cauliflower,

6-8 oz cauliflower
    1 tbl. olive oil
    1 tbl. garlic powder
    1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese.

tossed, broil at 425 20-40 minutes until desired browning.

104 cal, 11 carb, 4 protein, 6 fat

ala Bigest Loser Cookbook
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    I have used cauliflower in place of pasta with alfredo sauce. So good and amazingly filling.

Instead of potatoes in potato salad I have used cauliflower. I also have used cauliflower in place of the potatoes for German Potato Salad.

Take some cooked cauliflower and top with sour cream, cheddar cheese & green onion. It is just like a loaded baked potato.
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love mashed cauliflower, and I love the cauliflower pizza crust!! Who knew Cauliflower could make up such yummy things!!
    I also love these Cauliflower Fritters!! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html

I mix up some light mayo, fresh garlic and a packet of the ranch dressing to dip them in too!! :)
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just recently post this, hope you enjoy trying them. :flowerforyou:
    Cauliflower Fritters

Servings: 12 • Size: 2 fritters • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 108.9 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 3.8 g • Carb: 9.4 g • Fiber: 2.1 g

This is a delicious way to prepare cauliflower. Similar to the taste of a potato pancake. Your kids will love them! Makes approx 24 fritters depending on size of cauliflower

4 cups steamed cauliflower (roughly chopped)

2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
    1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
    1/4 cup hot water

salt and pepper
    1/4 cup olive oil

In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.

On medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time. Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes. Add a little more oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining batter.

Makes 24 fritters.
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    all these recipes sound great! thanks!
  • Rascl93
    Rascl93 Posts: 9
    Options
    We love mashed cauliflower. My kids don't even realize it's not mashed potatoes. I steam the cauliflower and mash it just like I would potatoes. Add seasonings of choice - salt, pepper, a little garlic, onion and maybe some cream or half and half just to cream it up a bit. I'll eat cauliflower just about any way.
  • staggysharl
    Options
    can u do this recipe in a slow cooker?
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow...some awesome recipes on here :love: We often eat the mashed cauliflower in our house but I had no idea of some of these other uses. Can't wait to try some of them. Thanks everyone!!!
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump. All sounds fab!:smile: