What are you Reading????

Options

Replies

• WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sundays at Tiffany's, the Civility Solution, Eating to Live and Estate Administration: Wills, Trusts and Estates (yes, I'm a legal assisting student)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Are any of you on Goodreads.com? I love that site...it helps me keep track of books I want to read and what my friends are reading. I'm a middle school lang arts teacher, so I have a mix of YA novels and grown up stuff on deck most of the time.

I love this site. Definitely helps when you need a suggestion for a good book to read.

I just picked up Jodi Picoult's Sing You Home from Costco today. It comes with a music CD. It's raining and thundering outside so it's a perfect day for a good snuggle on the couch with a book and some tea.

Also reading Tom Venuto's The Body Fat Solution and Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym.

Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen is also one of my favorite books.
  • christinar2008
    christinar2008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The Help was very good. i just finished Night Road by Kristina Hannah, If you have never heard of her check her out. Firefly Lane and Winter Garden are my faves by her. Fixing to start The Lincoln Lawyer.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm on Goodreads.com. There I'm Abbyb1. Please add me. I've only got 1 friend on there. :)
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Okay, now it's "The Mummy Congress: Science, Obsession, and the Everlasting Dead" by Heather Pringle and "The Edible Woman" by Margaret Atwood.

:heart: -- Juliet
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Okay, now it's "The Mummy Congress: Science, Obsession, and the Everlasting Dead" by Heather Pringle and "The Edible Woman" by Margaret Atwood.

:heart: -- Juliet

The Mummy Congress looks fascinating...!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of "And the Waters Turned to Blood" by Rodney Barker. It's great if you're a science nerd and love learning about new, interesing creatures. It's also a great way to begin understanding the mess between science and politics and how it can affect the public.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading The Lovely Bones. I loved it, and thought the movie was pretty good too. I'm also waiting on the next Sookie Stackhouse book, and a few others to come out.

Love, love, love Sookie. I thought the last book was the final book, and when I found out there was ANOTHER I was just too excited. Charlaine Harris created a great world in these books. Her other books don't come close to Sookie. I think she might be milking it by adding another last-last book.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Zombie Autopsies: Secret Notebooks from the Apocalypse by Steven Schlozman which was a quick fun read its entertaining and kind of creepy, and now i'm reading Diary by chuck Palahniuk.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm another Jane Austen fan, especially Pride and Prejudice, I have about 10 P&P derivative books, some better than others.

I'm also a total history nerds, so am reading about Mary Queen of Scots, and the lives of women in the 17th century by Antonia Fraser.

Anything by Janet Evanovich.

GG
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yay! Just found this thread! I'm currently reading The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. Really good so far, about halfway through :)
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    'Rat Girl,' by my idol, Kristin Hersh, and it's kind of blowing my ****in mind :)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Just finished 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov.
    I know its controversial but also one of those must read books. It's so well written. Just the way he uses words gives me goosebumps.
  • WomanofWorth
    Options
    Just started reading The Immortal Life OF Henrietta Lacks. Nonfiction about the black woman whose harvested cells have largely propogated most of the medical research of the last 60 years. Fascinating bioethics.
  • austinjwalker
    austinjwalker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of these...

The Knowledge of the Holy by TOZER

Never Eat Alone

The Comeback Church

hit me up on twitter if anyone wants to discuss any books haha this thing moves too fast for me to keep up with. @austinjwalker
  • WomanofWorth
    Options
    The Help was very good. i just finished Night Road by Kristina Hannah, If you have never heard of her check her out. Firefly Lane and Winter Garden are my faves by her. Fixing to start The Lincoln Lawyer.

I just bought The Help but haven't read it yet and have been looking at the Lincoln Lawyer. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading:

"I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith

Books I've read in the last 18 months:

"Oogy" by Larry Levin
    "Cure" by Robin Cook
    "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout
    "Invasion" by Robin Cook
    "A Husband for Margaret" by Ruth Ann Nordin
    "Syndrome" by Thomas Hoover
    "A Very Special Delivery" by Linda Goodnight
    "Heroic Measures" by Jill Ciment
    "The Longest Trip Home" by John Grogan
    "A Wall of White" by Jennifer Woodlief
    "Scent of the Missing" by Susannah Charleson
    "One Good Dog" by Susan Wilson
    "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult
    "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards
    "The Passage" by Justin Cronin

:flowerforyou:
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm reading John dies at the end by David Wong. Funny stuff in a Chris Moore, or A Lee Martinez sort of way.

I just requested this from the library....and only because you mentioned Chris Moore and A Lee Martinez. Two of my favorites! :)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i love a good vampire or scifi book
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Green Eyed Demon (book 3) by Jaye Wells. She's hilarious.