Military needs your prayer

Options

Replies

• tracybarnhill
    Options
    The things that they are stuck on trivial..you are planning on stopping military and federal employees over planned parenthood and abortions? COngress is really going to let 800,000 employees furloughed over the issue of planned parenthood doing abortions???? It doens't matter what the beleif is on the subject, it's that my bank account and that of others the are fighting a war that should have been over years ago are not going to be able to support their families.. Congress and Obama needs to get off their sorry butts and settle this thing...worry about cutts on planned parenthood and the other cuts on 2012 budget that is due not on the 2011 budget that was suppose to be done in Nov of last year!!!!!!! Sorry Bit a venting....
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    omg!! i just heard my ex and my brother are in the military,,,,so will this affect our child support too? it sucks cause this affects a lot of people..even though he is my ex, i still care about his well being..and my poor little bro,,lives off base..this will be super hard for him... :(
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I'm sorry for sounding uneducated on the subject, but I can't seem to find two new sources that report on it the same.

How long will your paychecks be stopped for?
    Why is this happening?

I know, loaded, unsure questions, but like I said, all these news sites are reporting different things, of course, none of them are military!

No problem, those are very common questions.
    I am Air Force and posted what we have been told this morning by our direct leadership. I'm sure the news channels will get the details by the end of the day. As things stand now we could possibly not get pay checks until June. We all hope for this to be solved before the end of the month.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    We are military and this is going to make it very hard on our family!!! We have no clue how we are going to pay bills or buy food if we don't get paid...
  • tater8589
    Options
    We are military and this is going to make it very hard on our family!!! We have no clue how we are going to pay bills or buy food if we don't get paid...

I understand. I am fortunate not to have children to worry about right now, but I am going through a divorce and just moved out on my own with 3 pets. We are all hurting! Try calling anyone you owe money too and let them know you will not be able to make payments until we recieve full paychecks (sucks, but i'm sitting at work doing that) and use what little money we do recieve to buy food and gas only. Thats what my leadership is telling all of us. Your family is in my prayers, good luck.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You know, though -- not to excuse it -- this isn't a new or novel situation. Back in the 1930's, WWI vets had to gather in DC and demand that the bonuses due them be paid; during the Revolution, Washington's Continental Army was in danger of dissolving due to lack of funding.

Somehow, those who serve in the military often seem to get the short end of the stick...
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I am so sorry to all of you! I will pray for you all!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    It's things like this that make me wish i could smack every single member of Congress...especially certain members who run their campaigns on "supporting our troops" and other crap like that, then when it comes down to it, are too stubborn to budge from their misguided ideals and help our military personnel and other federal employees retain the paychecks they deserve.

UGH.

(tried my best to keep this post as neutral as possible...)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    As a Veteran (USMC), I am outraged that once again, the military is treated with such little regard. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and your families still depending on a paycheck.
  • tater8589
    Options
    Well, I'm glad my enlsitment is up in 1.5 yrs. I have found out that Texas residents who are prior military can go to college for free, and i still have my GI bill. Texas A&M is looking better every day!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/08/government-shutdown-the-latest/?hpt=T1

If anyone is interested in the most up-to-date info on the situation. I am not military, but one of the 800,000 unpaid feds. I'm sitting in my office and feel like I'm watching a pot of water trying to boil.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    As an active duty military member myself..yep, it's true. It will suck but no one is going to lose any money. It will all be returned once this budget issue has been rectified.

It's retarded. A game of chicken to sum it up without crossing party lines here.

I know alot of military folks who are not good with finances and live paycheck to paycheck. I hope other soldiers read between the lines and start getting into better financial shape.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My son-in-law is in the Air Force. I just talked to my daughter and they are getting 1/2 of their paycheck on payday, then no more until this is all solved. She has already called her insurance company and they can delay her payment by 20 days, but no more. So, she either pays her car insurance or it gets cancelled. So, since her husband is going to be away for a month, she and her babies are coming home to stay with her dad & I until this is figured out. Why should a grown woman who's husband is serving our country have to go home to Mom & Dad just to be sure her babies will eat? What about those who don't have a "home' to go back to? Don't misunderstand, I always treasure any time she and her family come home. They were already planning to be here for Easter. I just don't think it's fair that they HAVE to do it.

Almost every member of my family has served in the active duty, including my husband who is retired Navy. This is not something that should be forgotten during the next elections. Everyone needs to be aware of what their elected officials have and have not done during this fiasco.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Something not to be forgotten at election time for sure but I'm sure the D's are going to put a spin on this to make it seem like a R' congress is holding it up. It's all a game to some people.
  • tater8589
    Options
    yeah, i have called my credit cards and they do NOT care. I will get charged no matter what.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The things that they are stuck on trivial..you are planning on stopping military and federal employees over planned parenthood and abortions? COngress is really going to let 800,000 employees furloughed over the issue of planned parenthood doing abortions???? It doens't matter what the beleif is on the subject, it's that my bank account and that of others the are fighting a war that should have been over years ago are not going to be able to support their families.. Congress and Obama needs to get off their sorry butts and settle this thing...worry about cutts on planned parenthood and the other cuts on 2012 budget that is due not on the 2011 budget that was suppose to be done in Nov of last year!!!!!!! Sorry Bit a venting....
    AMEN SISTA! :) I'm angry because this affects my family...we pretty much live pay check to pay check and this is going to hurt us :(
  • devildog525
    Options
    This is the first time Ive ever been truly disappointed in the country that I have sworn to protect and that Ive have done so for for the past 6 years. This is how they repay us? If I was going to re-enlist again, Im definately not now. I also have many friend deployed at the moment and this is how they treat them and their families? Bickering over some petty bullsh*t squables. They are elected to serve you United States people and they cant push aside some bullsh*t and do their jobs? Thank you Obama and friends for furthering the reasons this country USED to be great. Get your head out of you a** and do you god d*mn jobs, Sorry if I seem a little bitter, I got a phone call from my Ops Chief telling me not to report until further notice. Yes the military is on pause at the moment. BULL *kitten*
  • tater8589
    Options
    This is the first time Ive ever been truly disappointed in the country that I have sworn to protect and that Ive have done so for for the past 6 years. This is how they repay us? If I was going to re-enlist again, Im definately not now. I also have many friend deployed at the moment and this is how they treat them and their families? Bickering over some petty bullsh*t squables. They are elected to serve you United States people and they cant push aside some bullsh*t and do their jobs? Thank you Obama and friends for furthering the reasons this country USED to be great. Get your head out of you a** and do you god d*mn jobs, Sorry if I seem a little bitter, I got a phone call from my Ops Chief telling me not to report until further notice. Yes the military is on pause at the moment. BULL *kitten*

Like button. I agree. Oh, my office-- we are still to report for duty.. just not get paid for it. We were told not to pay rent/credit cards/bills/car payments so that we can afford food and gas.
  • devildog525
    Options
    Nope they told us that the marine corps was doing a selective shut down.
  • tater8589
    Options
    Ugg. My friend (also a marine) just deployed last week. He still has to work. This is all a huge nasty mess! I wish our congress could act like adults and compromise.