Just wondering about profile pictures ?

Options
Tiffeney
Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
When you see one and they just joined and they do not have much weight to lose does it affected you ?

Example : You are less likely to become a friend with them ??? Or answer there questions ?

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm gonna help people out regardless of what they look like in their pf pics.
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm here to support.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Nope, I love people and helping in anyway I can!
  • sharaleeb
    sharaleeb Posts: 32
    Options
    Not at all, you never know how accurate their profile pic is anyway, or if it's even a pic of them. I doesn't matter to me if they need to lose just a few pounds or 100+ pounds, they've come here looking for help and I'll try to if I can :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm gonna help people out regardless of what they look like in their pf pics.

Same here. In fact, it's often those who have little to lose who can benefit from out knowledge the most, since they're at a tricky point in their weight loss (ie. "the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose").
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Same here, Does not matter how much or how little they have to lose. We are all on this journey together.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me...I want everyone to get where they need to be....this is a recent thing for me...I'm proud of myself....a while ago, I would be a little bitter that they seem healthier than I am....
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm more likely to friend someone that is closer to what my goals are ( height weight ideal weight etc) but I'll pretty much friend anyone on here as I dont share too much personal information (aside from the size of my boobs and butt LOL)
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    No, not at all. BUT I am less likely to friend someone if they don't have a pic up and haven't completed their profile.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Their profile picture could be an old picture of them when they were thin. They could have it up to remind them of what they're working towards & to motivate them. Or they could just be here to maintain their current weight... Or possibly gain weight. You never really know.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Nope I have all types of people in my list, a fitness friend is a fitness friend, if they are just beginning their journey or if they are seasoned vets, who have met goal and are maintaining. It's all good. As long as the support and friendship is mutual then who cares about anything else? :happy:
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Whether you have 1lb to lose or 100lbs to lose, or even need to gain weight, we're all here for the same reason. To be the healthiest that we possibly can.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone yet that has anywhere near as much as me to lose, I'm sure that there are people out there, I just haven't seen them. So if I didn't friend them or answer their posts, I probably wouldn't have any friends here or participate in the forums which is what is most likely going to keep me going for the long haul. What I love about MFP is the community, I could count calories alone at home and google any questions I have.

Sure when I see people have 5 lbs or less to lose in total I do wonder a little why they're bothering, but then I realise that it's what they think about their weight that matters and I try to give them as much support as I can.

It also helps that I don't often look at people's goals. And the profile pictures aren't necessarily of the posters themselves, it's people's tickers that tell me how much they want to lose.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    come one, come all. I will friend add anyoe who is here wanting to better themselves.

Hell, I am all kinds of out of shape and I've had pletny of people accept my friend requets.

I would hope we are all here to support each other and get support regardless of what people look like.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Not at all! Everyone has different reasons for being on here. Fitness is not only about losing weight, its about a healthy lifestyle. Thts why this site is called My Fitness pal, not my weight loss pal! I dont have a ton of weight to lose, but does that make me any less of a "friend" or any less in need of support than someone who has a lot of weight to lose? I hope nobody thinks that way.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    <~~Doesn't judge nor expect to be judged. Everyone is welcome until I kick them outta the band...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'll friend anyone, but I like to have people who have similar goals, interests etc.
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ! I was just asking , because I seem to be getting a cold shoulder with my old picture .??... I am going to put it back up just so you can all see. The picture of me in the pink shirt is when I weighed 15 pound more. I only joined 7 days ago and am finding it hard to make friends here .
  • SFH58
    SFH58 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'll friend anyone who needs/wants support. But, I do feel a certain kinship with women who are around my same age because of the dreaded metabolic changes we experience at this time of life. I'm happy for the younger folks on here who want to get healthier now, because I can sure tell you when you're over 50 it's a lot harder to do! Everyone needs people in their life though; young and old alike!
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    No, not at all. BUT I am less likely to friend someone if they don't have a pic up and haven't completed their profile.
    Ditto