I had donuts today. Is that as bad I think it is?

Options
So, you might have read my post earlier today of how upset I was that the scale is NOT my friend today!

Being in an emotional roller coaster since this morning ... this has made me give in to 2 regular glazed donuts they brought to a meeting at work this morning. As well, as a homemade chocolate peanut butter cupcake. So. adding those 2 (i added the calories of that cupcake in the calculator by the ingridients the girl used) and those 3 alone are 850 calories!!! I only have 900 left for the day.

I am going to the gym and work out not because of the donuts, but because it is a work out day for me.

Now, my question is, Have I made my whole progress even worse??? I totally feel guilty I ate it (they didn't even taste that good, just SWEET!). I am trying everything I can to change my lifestyle. I know it will be hard, and there will be bumps on the road, but I would like to see a small ... just a small change, and I think I have wrecked my hard work!

Thank you all ahead of time.

Replies

• BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    no its not bad just do not eat donuts everyday. that is all. I do not deprive myself of things that i like, i just do them in moderation. for me this is a lifestyle change and i know that i will not be able to cut cakes and cookies outof my diet forever. So do nit be down on yourself.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    One bad day does not ruin us! We are all going to have wobbles in this race. And its a marathon not a sprint. You get up tomorrow and say to yourself that you WILL have a better day and you continue on. Don't let it eat you up. Best of luck!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Nope, it happens. Go to the gym this afternoon and make a good choice for dinner. You'll be fine. Don't let one afternoon of munching on sweets deter you from your goal.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up .... just shake it off and move on. One day will not determine your future success. We all have days where it is just too much to stay on the plan. If I thought I could never again have a donut or cupcake I would give up completely.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    No food is bad. If you stay within your calorie goal you'll still lose weight. And there's no problem in having 'cheat' meals either.
  • imgonnawin
    Options
    DON'T FREAK OUT.. JUST GO TO GYM AND WORKOUT AN EXTRA 15 MINUTES!! GO ON THE TREADMILL AND WALK AT 3.5 SPEED BUT KEEP IT AT 10.0 INCLINE AND IN 15 MIN YOU SHOULD HAVE HALF THOSE CALORIES GONE.. AND THE REST OF YOUR WORKOUT WILL FIX THE REST. DON'T BLOW IT TOMORROW AND YOU WILL NOT RUIN YOUR PROGRESS!!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    One bad day does not ruin us! We are all going to have wobbles in this race. And its a marathon not a sprint. You get up tomorrow and say to yourself that you WILL have a better day and you continue on. Don't let it eat you up. Best of luck!

Couldn't of said it better myself!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I had donuts for breakfast. And I enjoyed them greatly! I probably blew between 600 and 900 calories out of my 1800, but I also swam 1 1/4 mile this morning so i figure that sort of evens out the donuts.

Personally I want to lose weight (well, not right now. I just don't want to crazy gain right now) but I'm not in this to never eat crap again! I love crap! I just try to do it in moderation and offset with exercise! And generally speaking, I don't feel guilty about the junk. If I'm gonna eat it, I'm gonna enjoy it. If I'm not going to enjoy it, I won't bother eating it.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calorie goal, you can pretty much eat whatever you want. Now granted, you want to stick with lean meats, fruits, veggies and whole grains but the occasional treat is perfectly fine in my book. I just ate a personal pan cheese pizza and feel terrible. Not because I feel guilty, but because my body is no longer used to crap food and it is revolting!!! Anyway, go to the gym and eat sensible the rest of the day. Tomorrow is a new day. You realize your mistake so accept it and promise yourself you will be stronger tomorrow!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Yes, donuts are bad. :grumble: No, it's not worth getting in a tither about eating them. Stop looking behind you, you can't undo what's been done. However, it's AWESOME you're going to the gym today! Look forward to that. We may have something in common...I tend to focus on my bad behavior rather than my good behavior. Maybe you, too? But, I've learned if I focus on what I do well, I do MORE things well.

It's all good, girl. Get excited about going to the gym and while you're there, put every ounce of energy you have into having the best workout you've every had. You got this !! Be proud of yourself!!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I had 3 pieces of pizza for dinner the other night when some friends were over. I felt way too full and gross. But the next day I went for a long walk and ate extra fruit and veggies. We all falter, there are so many temptations. You just have to plan for next time.
    I recently met up with my old DnD group, they usually just eat junk food, so I brought hummus and pitas for everyone to help me resist.
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!!

I think that was exactly what I needed to hear ... 15 more minutes on that treadmill today will surely help me feel better!!

I'm keeping my head up .. being new at this, tends to get a little scary sometimes!