Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    1lb gain this week :( It is TOM though
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    LOL Jenn the way you said that was funny...... oh and PS, hope your socks dry soon :)

Ceejay - you're way ahead of me!!! Good for you.....the universe wanted you to remember your 100th mile :)

Crystal - 2 inches is amazing - P90x sure seems to do amazing things for people!!

BJ - you had a big loss last week, 1lb gain for TOM really isn't that bad

And Moi - Had an amazing NSV - I found out that I have actually dropped 2 sizes in pants (from a 24 to a 20). I'm still a little too big on top for most 1x shirts and I found that out last week (now I have to return a top). My pants today were WAY too big and I didn't realize until after I'd left the house so I bought 2 new pairs on the way home and tried on 22s first and they looked like my other pair so I went for the 20s and that really made my day
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Cee - CONGRATS on reaching the 100 mile goal today! That's awesome! Hope your shoes and socks dry out ok.

CrystalS - Being down by any little bit is still a victory, and 2 inches in one week! Wowzers! That's definitely something to be very happy about.

bjshooter - Give your scale the finger for me, m'kay?

fitterpam - What a wonderful NSV. Soak in that happy feeling!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Got my new scale in the mail today, it is a Health o Meter that also does body fat. I did a little comparison and stepped on my original scale, and then stepped on the new one. The new one weighed me 0.6 pounds lighter! That's fun. It is still higher than I want to see for being the day before my official weigh-in though, so that bugs a little, but it is all groovy.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to love my Tuesday runs... tonight was only 2 miles! That seems easy to me know, and a year ago I wasn't able to run for 90 seconds at a time!!! Wow, what a difference! Anyway, since I only had to do 2 miles, I did that and then did my 30 minute ab workout... ouch! I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow! It's good, I'm glad it was part of the challenge this week because I really didn't want to do it but I felt like I should so I didn't slack. What a great feeling... this getting healthy thing is so much better than how I used to live!!!!

Ok, still need to get supper and most likely a snack or two... hope you all have a great night!!!!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Nikster
    I'm starting to love my Tuesday runs... tonight was only 2 miles! That seems easy to me know, and a year ago I wasn't able to run for 90 seconds at a time!!! Wow, what a difference! Anyway, since I only had to do 2 miles, I did that and then did my 30 minute ab workout... ouch! I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow! It's good, I'm glad it was part of the challenge this week because I really didn't want to do it but I felt like I should so I didn't slack. What a great feeling... this getting healthy thing is so much better than how I used to live!!!!

Ok, still need to get supper and most likely a snack or two... hope you all have a great night!!!!

"only 2 miles"! she says! wow that's great - the difference between this year and last! I can only run 30 sec maybe (and "run" might not be the right verb- perhaps mad uncoordinated hop-walk is more precise) so I for one am impressed someone who runs "only" 2 miles AND then does an AB WORKOUT!

Fitterpam: that is fabulous! 2 sizes is a big deal and I am sure you will be in 1x tops in no time!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. TOM.. :( You know how that goes.. Ready for it to be over with, and it just started.. But, I knew it was coming..
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it's already WEEK 8!!! My how time flies when you're shedding your former self :happy: No weigh-in still... can't wait until Easter when I get to do a 47-day wait weigh-in! Kind of scared though... :indifferent: At least I FEEL healthy/fit/skinnier/happier!!!!

Challenge 1 - Walk, Jog, Run, Ride, ect 7 miles this week
    *Yay--I already hit this goal for the week! I'm so close to my 100 I can smell it... it smells like it want to be 125 :laugh:

Challenge 2 - Work on them Abs
    *I've been seriously slacking here... and arms, too. SO... I'll be doing two different abs AND arms parts in my circuits tonight and Thursday. Coffee should be feeling awfully heavy tomorrow!

Challenge 3 - Add some color to your diet, if you keep it kind of bland.
    *I made a salad the other night... my husband glaced at it from across the room and said "are you gonna put anything in there with the lettuce?" I had--all my other veggies were green! I will definitely be trying to work on this one, even if it only means more color in my salad.

Challenge 4 - three positive/grateful things each day this week
    *I love these positive additions to the challenges :heart:
    1 - It is BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL outside today! (positive) / I have an easygoing-job that understands my long lunch break to enjoy the weather and get a short walk (grateful)
    2 - Hubby is feeling better and our little family has been "running smoothly" lately :wink: / I am unfathomably grateful for my family--we are all a bunch of black sheep, but we love each other fiercely!
    3 - I am feeling full of energy today and can see myself working-out hard tonight / I am grateful that I don't have TOM to deal with, at least for the last 3 years. Thank you, Mirena...

:glasses: Have a wonderful week everyone--kick some *kitten* and drink that water!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Nikster

"only 2 miles"! she says! wow that's great - the difference between this year and last! I can only run 30 sec maybe (and "run" might not be the right verb- perhaps mad uncoordinated hop-walk is more precise) so I for one am impressed someone who runs "only" 2 miles AND then does an AB WORKOUT!

Fitterpam: that is fabulous! 2 sizes is a big deal and I am sure you will be in 1x tops in no time!

Yeah, well, I'm feeling the ab workout big time today. Doesn't help that TOM came yesterday just after all the exercise!!!! I'm just completely beat tonight. Was going to lift and do some cardio, but that's just not going to happen. I have a 5 mile run planned for tomorrow and that's more important to me. I've had Bible study on Wednesday's up until now, so I haven't been working out but thought I'd throw in another workout since I have the time, but my body is telling me to take it easy.. so I'm listening! That's one unexpected thing I've learned.. listen to your body!!!!

Right now, mine's telling me it's dinner time... then probably time for bed!!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope Spring is treating y'all well. My happies for today are being 2 lbs down, playing with my puppies outside in their splash pool, and just feeling generally good. :)
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh, Boy!!! What a week already. :yawn: TOM decided to come this week and some unexpected guest that were supposed to leave yesterday, but decided to stay today, too. :laugh: So now they're gone and I feel totally fat and yuck. I did great with my food and water, but I haven't done all of my P90X workouts for this week and they always make me feel better.

BUT I'm back in the game and I'm going to do my best! :bigsmile: Hoping for a loss this week, but I'm sure not counting on it, just by the way I'm feeling. :ohwell: Hopefully, that will change.

I hope everyone's doing good and keeping motivated!!!!!! Only a few more weeks until Easter!!! :bigsmile:
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well... I am off to the gym, so just a short note. I almost miss the time when I could count on when I would get my period! Now... it comes every 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 2 weeks... ya never know! (I am LIVING for mental pause! :laugh: ) In any case, I think it is coming soon because I am totally craving sweet/salty stuff. Staying under my calories but eating ALL the wrong stuff. Hate when I do it... still... no guilt. It is what it is!! NOW... Off I go to the gym...! (Mostly so the slave driver doesn't scream at me on Monday... ugh!)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    woo hoo got over the 100 mile hump- now to see how many more miles I can walk between now and Easter Saturday :-) - so glad I actually stuck to a goal!

I hope all y'all are doing well too!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Had a great five mile run today, even thought it's TOM and I feel fat and bloated today! Funny thing is, I lost (.2, but still) and my pants that I bought a couple weeks ago are falling off today! So obviously I'm NOT fat, just feel fat today! Won't be doing any ab work today, but I have band practice tonight so I'll be belting some high notes I'm sure!!!!

I have some really happy feelings today, even though it's TOM (which tends to bring me down).... I'm able to go to a store and buy a size Medium shirt and it FITS!!! I ran the fastest five miles to date... and I have band practice tonight!!! My favorite kind of day!

Oh, and my sister started C25K today which I never thought she would do! I'm so proud of her... she's lost like 30 pounds too, but mostly walks and now I've inspired her to start running!!!! Yay for awesome little sisters!!!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    It's so quiet in here!! How is everyone doing? It's Friday, which means the weekend is nearly upon us! Woohoo!!

Tomorrow will be my final Insanity workout for Month 1. I'm dying to see the difference in measurements from day 1 and then. I do know that my belts are all too big for me now. I'm going to have to make new holes though because these are really nice belts and I don't want to get rid of them. :laugh: My S.O. noticed that my pants were falling off of me last night. He said it's time to start making a donation bag. He's right. I have to get over to Goodwill and shop for some in-between clothes now.

And one of my coworkers noticed my loss the other day. She made my week! :laugh:

Anywho, enjoy the day, ladies!!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So... I am feeling really heavy this morning. Resisted the urge to step on the scale. At this point, denial is bliss! :ohwell: We'll see what happens Monday! I'll try to be extra good over the weekend... hmmmm

Have a great weekend everyone! :bigsmile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Cee, I can't wait to see your final Insanity results! Congrats on needing to get together a donation bag. Have fun conducting new hole surgery on your nice belts.

Cazz, boo to feeling heavy. I hate it when that happens. You have a great weekend, too!
  • h011yp0p
    h011yp0p Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey guys I've been dieting for about two weeks almost and lost approx. 6 lbs but this looks fun I'd love to join in how does this work.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Hi h011yp0p, happy first post! :D "H20" is a group we started last fall as a Halloween challenge, and we can't be stopped! We don't have rules or requirements or anything, and we're an open group meaning anyone can join anytime they want. Our fearless leader AprilVal starts a new thread each week (usually on Saturday or Sunday) and gives us great inspirational quotes, photos, and some challenges. Challenges range from water intake, trying new foods, upping exercising...things like that. One thing that we've carried over from past weeks is finding three things, daily, that make you happy and grateful. It is so easy to get bogged down with negative things in life, so remembering the good and happy is a great daily challenge.

Hope you'll stick around here! Everyone is super friendly and supportive. :)

Congrats on your first 6 pounds lost! Here's to many more!
  • h011yp0p
    h011yp0p Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks pink_and_shiny ;] nice to meet you. Alrighty, sounds pretty simple I'll try to stay tuned in to see the next post for the upcoming week :] thanks for the info hope to talk to you and some others ;p
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Pinky, I ordered the ring!! I'm so excited to get it!!