trouble breathing

Options
Skinnier_Me
Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok, last week I was able to run at a steady pace(20-30 minutes) without stopping.
A few days ago, I tried doing the same but was unable to run no longer than 5 minutes without stopping to use my inhaler or just to catch my breath.

It was a bit warmer out last week... is it b/c of that?
Does the heat help me breathe better?

I get so scared when I can't catch my breath and have to use my inhaler so I have been somewhat speed walking.

Replies

• Skinnier_Me
    Options
    Ok, last week I was able to run at a steady pace(20-30 minutes) without stopping.
    A few days ago, I tried doing the same but was unable to run no longer than 5 minutes without stopping to use my inhaler or just to catch my breath.

It was a bit warmer out last week... is it b/c of that?
    Does the heat help me breathe better?

I get so scared when I can't catch my breath and have to use my inhaler so I have been somewhat speed walking.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Do you know what your anerobic threshold(AT) is? You may have been running too fast for your AT to sustain. Slow it down when you can't speak in full sentences. Your body's ability to process lactic acid changes daily so honor what you can do each day. You should have your AT checked with a personal trainer and it is very helpful to wear a heartrate monitor. This way you know how many and what kind of calories you are burning(fat or sugar) and what zone you're in. When you are running too fast or out of your AT you burn too much sugar and build up lactic acid in you muscles and it makes it hard for you too breath. You might also be suffering from allergies, have a cold coming on or just be tired .
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    I don't run that fast! LOL

Thanks for the great info.

I have been sneezing more than usual so it might be allergies or a cold.
    It's that time of year.

Thanks again!

~Joanna
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Everyday is different! Just honor your body's ability to do what it can each day. Allergies and cold will definately take it out of you. Try walking at an incline when you feel you can't run. You will get an awesome workout!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    I did my 40 minute brisk walk today with no problem.
    I feel a cold coming on so I'm taking it easy.
This discussion has been closed.