I Jogged today for the first time in 2 years!!!

Options
NSV for today. I jogged!!! Not far and not fast, but its a great step in the right direction. Just a few months ago, simply the thought of jogging again was unreachable. Now I'm doing it!!

Replies

• gacolin
    gacolin Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats! Curious... Firefly, is that a reference to the Syc-fy show of the same name? I loved that show.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    NSV for today. I jogged!!! Not far and not fast, but its a great step in the right direction. Just a few months ago, simply the thought of jogging again was unreachable. Now I'm doing it!!

Feels great huh? I started jogging one minute per pound lost every Friday. It's a great workout and only once a week. Congrats!!!!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great job! About 6 weeks ago I posted on here "I can run". It was only 5 minutes, but I was so excited... now I can run 30 min without stopping. Yeah, it's not fast, but I am doing it! Keep up the good work
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That is outstanding. Does not matter how far, how fast, how long. Just that you are doing it. Not too long ago I was so out of shape that 2 minutes of slow jogging was my limit before I needed to slow to a walk. Now those times are past and I managed a 10 K. You too can do this. It is all in the starting and dedication. It is amazing how our bodies will respond. Rarely do they let us down, more likely our mind will create doubts before our bodies say: No more. Proud of you.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Great job! About 6 weeks ago I posted on here "I can run". It was only 5 minutes, but I was so excited... now I can run 30 min without stopping. Yeah, it's not fast, but I am doing it! Keep up the good work

I'm impressed...I've been working on jogging since mid February...started at 15 second intervals and can still only run 4 minute intervals...can't wait til I can run 30 minutes without stopping!!!
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    Feels great huh? I started jogging one minute per pound lost every Friday. It's a great workout and only once a week. Congrats!!!!

Now that is a fabulous idea!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!