new here need buddies and advice

Options
Hi everyone! I am new here. Really looking forward to dropping these pounds. Need all advice
you can give. Thank You!

Replies

• Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! Just want to welcome you! I love this site and find it very helpful in many, many weighs:laugh: I really love watching my ticker change as I lose weight! That is so much incentive! The calorie counter is fantastic! The support from other members is unending! I pray you are successful in your weight loss endeavor and achieve a healthy balance in your life!

I am 49 years old, have lost 39 pounds so far and yes, I did have Lap-Band surgery to assist me, after decades of playing the yo-yo game with no success! Now it is all about eating healthy, eating small portions and exercising! I just had a hysterectomy April 1st so I have a little recovery time before I can hit the gym, but I can't wait!

I pray I reach my goal before the beginning of October as my husband and I are renewing our vows for our Silver Anniversary. WOW, 25 wonderful years!
  • magichandsval
    magichandsval Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this is a woderful site keep up the good work and it will come off
  • flygirl123
    flygirl123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to seeing a change. October is also my wedding month!
    I will appreciate any advice and tips. :smile: I need all the help I can get!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    would like to be your buddy- not sure i am the right person to give advice, although drinking lots of water is likely one thing i can say helps. you can mix it up by using lots of unsweetened teas, if you like tea. best wishes and enjoy the site, i know i do! i will send you a friend request:)
  • AresxDeimos
    AresxDeimos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I just recently joined this website as well! My cousin was my personal trainer while I was in school but now that I am out I recently gained everything back, but the tips I can give that really helped me while I was in school helped me shed the pounds and if I had stuck with them I probably would still be losing weight :)! He basically told me to cut out all fried foods and juices/ sodas, and instead of eating products that had pork in them to try turkey byproducts. My trainer also had me drinking eight glasses of water as well as making sure that i was running a mile four times a day. And one thing that I really like that was different from other diet plans that I had researched was the fact that he gave me a splurge day. And on my splurge day I would drink like sweet tea and that's it! Like I did not fried foods or any of the things that I used to eat just the sweet tea. But I hope I was a little help! Hopefully this will help me get back on track because the other app I had for my phone was horrible! Good luck!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'mnew as well can use some motivating friends feel free to add me
  • kmanfredo1212
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!!! I have been here for only 2 weeks and have found SO MUCH encouragement and motivation!!! It really makes you accountable for what you are eating when you have to record it!!! Good luck to you!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • flygirl123
    flygirl123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is great! Thanks everyone! This is all very good advise, and yes, we can keep each
    other on track. Sounds great to me! Well let's get busy!!!!