Just joined looking for motivational friends!

AresxDeimos
AresxDeimos Posts: 9 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Just like the title says I am looking for people that are going to help me with this weight loss and hopefully I can return the favor!

To give a little background I have been considered plus size since elementary and have struggled with losing weight ever since then. My senior year of college was when I really started losing the weight and maintaining my workouts, but after graduating I began to have sedentary lifestyle because I got comfortable with being home. Needless to say that I gained all my weight back, but now I am getting back on track! I have started working out once again with my EA Sports Active and trying to run a mile once or twice a week. I have been cutting back slowly instead of going cold turkey because in the past that only worked for so long, and I am getting back into drink 8 or more glasses of water a day.

If you have any advice for me please let me know and don't be a stranger! :laugh:

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • calme2
    calme2 Posts: 2
    Hi Lawyer girl...Welcome to My Fitness Pal....I just started this like you and I have been struggling with losing as well....I would lose and then gain it back again...I think I was lacking the motivation and since I had no one around to help me maintain it I just gain it all back....I hope we can help each other on this...Nice to have someone that is struggling like I am and hope we can both motivate each other.
  • LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Welcome, this is a great site to keep us on track.. you can request to be friends and I will do my best to help you... Best of Luck
  • hey girl, welcome!
  • AresxDeimos
    AresxDeimos Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you everyone it's really reassuring that you are all willing to help! I will be sending friend request and hopefully I can help you all out as well!
  • bigc150
    bigc150 Posts: 13
    welcome to mfp!
  • LoriMC37
    LoriMC37 Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm Lori, I just started here myself, and so far am loving it! LIke you I have always been a plus size, have always struggled with weight. Would love to help you stay motivated! :0) Could use all the help I can get as well and love to make new friends. Well, ttyl!
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Hi there! You can add me if you like. I'm here to help!
  • Hi there! I am 49 years old and gained weight with my first child, more with my second and just kept on gaining! I am 4'10" and my small frame went from 98# to my top weight of 196# at one point! On Jan 31st 2011 after decades of playing the yo-yo game, losing, gaining more than I lost etc... At my physicians urging I had Lap-Band Surgery. I have now lost 39 pounds! I am about half way to my goal weight! I am being forced to eat small meals (which I could not sustain before) and I have learned (Finally) to eat all healthy foods! Fish, Poultry, Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, Yams, low-fat cheese wedges, string cheese, Non-fat cottage cheese, 1% Milk, Eggs (twice a week), Almonds, dried beans, Olive Oil or Non-Stick spray! NO fried foods, no sweets, no sodas, no caffeine, lower salt products, no added salt to anything I cook or eat! And as much water as I can get down! Cardio-exercise, walking, strength training! My goal is to be healthy, not skinny!

I wish you all the best for a successful weight loss endeavor! BE HEALTHY!
  • smallerd
    smallerd Posts: 31
    Hi. I just joined and we could help each other.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Hey hey!
    Welcome to MFP! I've been here a couple of weeks and it's pretty awesome! Everyone feel free to friend me, i love to help motivate people, and also need all the motivation i can get!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Feel free to add me......We can motivate each other!!!!
    Sometimes things are easier when you have friends to help!
  • NellieElizabeth
    NellieElizabeth Posts: 2 Member
    Add me! I'm looking for motivation too
  • gauxie82
    gauxie82 Posts: 1
    I'm new to mfp and could use some friends also. I mainly track what I've been eating on my phone. I find it the easiest way to stay on top of things and the fastest way to get the information entered. Especially since I am glued to my phone. But would love to have support from others who are trying to lose weight.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey. My first advise to you is get rid of processed foods from your cupboards! Eat whole food and excerise and you will be healthy!
This discussion has been closed.