Here I go...

Options
Here I go, again. I am once again on a weight loss journey. I got up to 270 pounds. As I am only 5’4”, I am truly obese and not healthy in anyway. I lose my breath walking up stairs, have a hard time getting up off the floor, but worst of all, I am setting a bad example for my kids.
I am divorced, and am ready to find love! But I want to feel good about myself , and that’s just not where I am right now.
I joined the Get Fit Club at my local YMCA, and not am diligently working on reducing my weight by 120 pounds. I can do it!

Replies

• cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    we have almost the exact same numbers. I started Feb. 28th and am down 22 pounds. you can do it!!! feel free to add me as a friend if you want some motivation or support :)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    We are in the exact same boat! I am 5'4" and weighed 274 when I started MFP. I have lost 10 pounds since March 11th! I just had my frist baby. Probably my only since it was a very difficult pregnancy and I am 37 now. My son will be a year old May 5th. Welcome! Good luck on your journey. Feel free to freind me! I am very supportive without judgment. I need that in return so thats how I roll! LOL
  • drfalktorres
    drfalktorres Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do it-- it is hard though-- be prepared for a very long haul...but it will be SO worth it. When I reach for my desserts (my only REAL weakness)-- I think..."is this worth the lost time I'll have with my children?" My mother died when I was a senior in high school (probably could have been prevented had she been a healthy weight)...and to know what she missed in my life....that's why I'm here-- love my babies too much not to be. Best Wishes!
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    Just remember this is a journey, not a race. Make no mistake, this won't be easy but it's very much obtainable. It's going to take DISCIPLINE and the power to say NO to your food joys, but you can do it. My daughter is losing weight without exercise because she adheres to a strict calorie count. Just stick to your recommended calorie count (maybe a little lower) and you will lose weight. Before you know it you will be on a regular exercise routine. I suggest you start walking 30 minutes a day EVERY day--maybe longer if you can handle more. This will help to boost your metabolism.
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me if you want. I'm trying to lose 78.5lb more myself.:smile:
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Wishing you all the good luck in the world...:smile:
  • Maggieblair
    Options
    I'm on my third serious journey to loose weight.. It's hard when sometimes food is the only friend you have... and other times when you recover from an illness or surgery... been there done that... hang in there..it didn't take 2 days to gain the weight... and it won't take 2 days to loose it.. but each day you try is one day towards your goal!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your weight loss journey. Just take it slow and steady as some days do get rocky.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Our numbers are almost exactly the same as well. I am 5'5'' and SW was 141 lbs. I have only been at this 11 days , but have already lost 5 lbs. My goal weight is 140. Feel free to add me if you like. Best wishes in your journey. You CAN do it!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Go dear..you CAN do it ...for you and for the children..you'll all be so much more happy and healthy and then love will find you!! All the best:flowerforyou:
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't give up. Feel free to add me as friend if you want. I am on this journey myself. I started at 315lbs and am now down to 265! So much more work to do but very happy with where I am at. Just know that you can do and MFP is a great place to get support.
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wishing you lots of luck and a rewarding journey. Whilst it's hard sometimes it is worth it!