NSV... I think

Options
xjonesie
xjonesie Posts: 11 Member
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or insulted... so I'm going to go with chalking up a comment made at work to me as a compliment.

Was coming back from a coworker's birthday luncheon... and after having drank wayyyyyy too much iced tea, I was having to do the "if you know what's good for you, you'll get out of my way for a human break" beeline to the women's room. Well even after cinching my belt to its tightest setting, my jeans have a tendency to um... slide, so I was also doing an odd "yank and dash" maneuver as I passed by one of the cleaning ladies. She said something that I didn't catch, so she decided she needed to hang out until I had finished with my visit.

As I was coming out of the ladies room, she announces that the cleaning team have decided to take up a collection so that I can get me "some britches that will stay up". I just did a semi-smile and said I was hoping to go shopping soon. I know I should get some new jeans, but I'm in between sizes and with my goals... well I don't want to buy something that I'm hoping to surpass before the month's out. At the very least I'll be looking for a new belt this weekend... :tongue:

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    How great! keep up the good work!
  • aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    most likely wasn't a compliment from them :) but you should take it as one!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That comment would've made me mad. I mean, it's good that you have lost that much weight but unless she said it playfully, I would've took it as an insult. LIke she thought you couldn't afford new pants so they were gonna pitch in and buy you some.

Either way, CONGRATS on losing! You must feel very proud. If I were you, I'd hold off on buying new pants though. Especially since you have a lot more to lose. A new smaller belt would be cheaper plus it would be something you could continue to wear during your weight loss journey. Good luck & again congrats! =)
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Compliment for sure! I'm in the same boat but refuse to buy more clothes right now. For the moment my belt is my best friend!

Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!