Easy Guacamole Recipe???

Options
NikkiJ17
NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
I need an easy, and I mean REALLY easy guacamole recipe. Can anybody help?? I've heard that you can basically mix salsa and smashed avocados together, is that true??

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    umm I know they have the powder you just put into the avocado mush xD is it bad?
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    That is what I do. I add a tsp of lemon juice and a little salt and garlic powder.
  • jillianr78
    jillianr78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mashed avacado, diced tomatoes (fresh), fresh garlic, lime juice, salt. I don't usually measure anything, but this is really good!!!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    umm I know they have the powder you just put into the avocado mush xD is it bad?

The one time I got a package mix the nutritional info was bad. Can remember the specifics or even the brand.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    guacamole.... avacado and lime....
    add some sour cream if you want it creamy..

if you want add some chopped serrano chilis and onions, and maybe some cilantro...

it's real basic stuff... It only gets complicated when you don't live in the border regions it seems
  • tbever
    tbever Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mashed avacado, diced tomatoes (fresh), fresh garlic, lime juice, salt. I don't usually measure anything, but this is really good!!!

We add onions and cilantro too, it's delish!!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm a guacamole purist...lol. Just salt and lime and avocados. If you've got really good avocados that's alllllll you need. ;)
  • Garvin_ashley
    Options
    I'm making this for my family get together

Ingredients

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
    1 lime, juiced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup diced onion
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    mashed avacado, very finely diced onion and garlic, dash of frank's hot sauce, squeeze of lime juice.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My wife said, "Mash an avocado and mix in your favorite salsa, is the easiest way", Not sure if it is the best way, but it sure taste good to me.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    mashed avacado
    1 tsp minced garlic per avacado
    dash of seasoned salt
    squeeze of lime if desired (keeps it from getting that yucking brown film if your not eating it right away)

Tip- I started using baby carrots instead of chips....pretty good and more filling.
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep. Find some nice ripe avocados, mash them up, add some salt and lime juice. Delicious!!! Avocados taste so good, they really don't need a lot to "dress them up". :)
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    avacados are 10 for a dollar up the street from me
  • sophiessweets
    Options
    1 ripe avocado
    2/3 C fat free cottage cheese
    1 small tomato
    2 T lime or lemon juice
    1 T chopped scallions or red onion
    Chopped green chile and/or salsa to taste
    2 garlic cloves
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 T chopped cilantro

In a food processor combine all ingredients and blend until it has reached the consistency you desire. I like to keep mine a bit chunky. You can also stir in optional ingredients like corn or beans to create a fun texture.
  • mmonday
    mmonday Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite guacamole recipe is so easy, so delicious, and low in extra calories and sodium. I take an avocado or two, mash it up, add about 1 T of very finely chopped sweet onion per avocado, the juice of half of a lemon, and some pepper and stir. If you want to add salt, it has a little more flavor, but I like it either way.

Good luck!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mashed avocado
    Lime juice
    Chopped Tomatoes
    chopped onions (or a little onion powder)
    garlic powder

Any of the above except the avocado is optional.
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Here is a guacamole recipe I have been making since I was a kid. People beg me to make it for them.

3 ripe avocados
    1 green onion
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 clove of garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tomato

Chop the onion and tomato. Cut avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop out the insides into a bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork ( I use a wire whisk). Add the garlic/garlic powder, tomato, onion, lemon juice, and a few shakes of salt. Mix thoroughly.

Over the years, I have altered the recipe to suit my tastes. I like it pretty salty with lots of tomatoes. I also use garlic salt in place of the garlic clove/powder and plain salt. And Dorito's nacho cheese chips are really good with it.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    avacodos, garlic Mrs. Dash, and about 1/2 lime. Awesome yumminess. I usually dice a little onion to it.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    avacados are 10 for a dollar up the street from me

lol thats just wrong. we're paying 1.50/piece.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is so easy and versatile, as you've read everyone has a different variation. I use avocado, onion, tomato, salt, lemon juice and cilantro. Yum and very easy! Just mash up the avocado put the lemon juice on it to keep it fresh and add in the rest!