i don't know what to do...

Options
i gained 2 pounds overnight. i seriously don't know what to do. i'm getting so frustrated and upset and i don't know how do get out of this plateau. like i seriously want to give up. i know i can't, but i'm so TIRED at this point. trying to combat this plateau is exhausting. i just don't know what else to do....please help me :(

Replies

• dtsykes
    dtsykes Posts: 3
    Options
    Water weight. Also weight fluctuates near womens periods. Chill and keep going.
  • robertsj1998
    robertsj1998 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Each time this has happened to me, I added an extra workout here and there and watched my calories a little more. Then I would begin losing again. I have been where you are. I started at 192lbs and now I am 135 after 7 months. You can do it, I never thought I could and everyday I look in the mirrior amazed. Good luck and stay strong.
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate a couple pounds from day to day. Don't weigh yourself obsessively, you will just stress yourself out more. Take a deep breath, and go to weighing yourself every few days or every week. You have done a great job so far. Don't give up! :D
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate a couple pounds from day to day. Don't weigh yourself obsessively, you will just stress yourself out more. Take a deep breath, and go to weighing yourself every few days or every week. You have done a great job so far. Don't give up! :D

Exactly!!!
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options

Thanks for your service! And that is great advice!!
  • Determinedchica
    Determinedchica Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am nearly identical in starting weight to you. Let me tell you, I have the SAME exact problem. When I hit a plateau - I try to change my routine... if you normally do the elliptical for 45 minutes try doing 15 minutes of stairs/ or use the stair-stepper for a warm up stretch and then run for 30 minutes. Or increase the intensity. Keep it honest with logging your food or if applicable beverages alcoholic and non-alcoholic. When you hit a plateau it's okay, but use all of that angry energy in the gym. Stay Determined and definitely don't give up. You're health is too important in this life!! Hope this helps... feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!! Remember, we are all in this fight together!! Best Wishes!!!
  • Xav8tor
    Xav8tor Posts: 23
    Options
    In order to have gained two pounds overnight, ;you would have to have consumed 7000 calories more than you burned for the time period. (3500 calories equals one pound of body mass).........................Highly unlikely during any single 24 hr period, not sure it could even be done. Give the scale a rest for a couple of days, you find it has a different attitude when it is ignored for a while (sort of like a man)................