off and on

Options
Soo I am steadily stuck at 10 pounds loss last week I fell off the band wagon and feel like I'll I do is eat. I need to get back on and get back to losing this weight. I can't believe i let myself fall off. I feel horrible as I was doing SOOO good. =( I knew this lifestyle change would not be easy, but why this hard. I guess what I'm wonder was how many times did you fall off the bandwagon of weight loss and get back on before it stuck

Am i the only one this happens too!? haha (i sure hope not)

Replies

• foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    No of course you arent the only one!!! The worst thing to do is NOT GET BACK ON AT ALL! :) You've taken the first very hard step to start over...:) If it makes you feel any better, I have been working out and eating my calories and I just got on the scale and was UP 4 lbs. Hoping it has a little to do with salt/water intake and maybe some muscle, but either way, VERY DISCOURAGING. BUT I am going to keep going. SOmetimes its easier to just think about fueling your body with the right foods. Watch some of the food documentaries to get a better look at what should be going in your body. Maybe that will take away any urges to perge on stuff thats bad for you. Good Luck!!! You got this!!!
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Off and on too many times to count.
    The important thing is that you get back on and continue to work on your eating habits.
    Plateaus are really hard to work through, but when you stick with it and change up your workouts a bit you should see some changes. I've had spots where my weight didn't drop for 6 weeks at a time, but I did notice other changes like clothes fitting better, inches being lost and my energy level improved. Make some goals and keep them in mind when things start to get rough.
    Best of luck to you!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I've fell off so many times I honestly can't give you a number. . .but the important thing is just keep starting over and doing it. When you let yourself stay off track because you feel bad about getting off track in the first place then all you do is move backwards. . . at least if you pick back up & try again & again you are moving forward. . .I am saying this from my own experience!!! Had a 60 lb loss this time last year and got off track and gained 10 back and instead of picking right back up and losing that 10 and going on with it I wallowed in it, thinking how I can't believe I gained 10 lbs back. . .well now that 60 lb loss has turned into 20. . .:frown: SO, just move forward!!! Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    I've fallen off so many time I can't keep track, but I've learned that this is part of the journey for many folks. Just don't quit. Just know that you can do this.. Keep going and know that sometimes you may fall, but if you don't get back up you will never finish the race. God bless.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is round 4 for me:) Until late twenties was fairly active, jogging and all that, then started teaching full time, kids, etc. Weight up to 220 (for me 195 is about right.) Started some exercising and dropped the pounds, that lasted about 4 years, then moved, new job, new stresses, up to 250 lb. exercising again, better eating, down to 210, then stopped once more, up to 270 lb. Almost 6 months of exercising and better eating, down to 205 again. Once again, well off the wagon, stopped exercising and ate like crazy, in 5 months back to 250. Now on round 4, eating well and exercising for last 3 weeks. Definitely feels much better, but also first time I have this site as my moral support, accountability site, checker upper, etc. The overall good news is that I Have returned to exercising and better eating much quicker this time rather than letting it slide for years. The wisdom as I get older I guess. You can do it.
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thanks folks. this is very encouraging. I used to be really healthy and despise anything processed i know whats in it! haha I just don't have time. This past week was trying. I have 2 boys and they are under 3 and both were sick and wanted mommy to hold them. Easiest foods to eat since I couldn't go to the store were ice cream snacks, ordered in pizza, hubby brought me a pop.. things i have been avoiding. I had a cheat day on last sunday that seemed to carry over boo.. tomorrow is when I plan on starrting to chart again. I still haven't gained back any of the 10 pounds i lost my first 10 days so hopefully i can get it turned around