Any good breakfast recipes?

Options
hiba_b
hiba_b Posts: 20
I need a low calorie, filling breakfast recipe. Any ideas?

Replies

• flumm
    flumm Posts: 2
    Options
    2 eggs and 1 dl of cottagechees works for me don know if it low but im stufft along time
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I scramble 1 egg and 2 egg whites with mushrooms, spinach, onions, ham. That is what I eat every morning.:smile:
  • pegeileen
    pegeileen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    crustless quiche:

Eggbeaters for number of servings needed
    Add:
    Cheese
    Green Peppers
    Onions
    Canadian Bacon

Bake in greased pie pan for nearly one hour on 350
  • tekbro
    tekbro Posts: 7
    Options
    Medium heated Skillet, olive oil, garlic salt. Chop red, green, yellow peppers and saute till half cooked. 3 slices of canadian bacon, chopped Add one or two eggs and scramble. Finish by adding 5 chopped kalamata olives. Very tasty, satisfying and lasts a long time. I alternate with spinach instead of the peppers, heaping it in the skillet but it all cooks down to not much.
  • hiba_b
    Options
    Medium heated Skillet, olive oil, garlic salt. Chop red, green, yellow peppers and saute till half cooked. 3 slices of canadian bacon, chopped Add one or two eggs and scramble. Finish by adding 5 chopped kalamata olives. Very tasty, satisfying and lasts a long time. I alternate with spinach instead of the peppers, heaping it in the skillet but it all cooks down to not much.

Sounds good I might try that. What I'm really craving is pancakes with Nutella. I think it would be about 250 to 300 calories for one. Anything similar with lower cal?
  • strouphar
    Options
    breakfast wrap 1/2 cup egg beaters 2 tbsp salsa 1 missoin whole wheat wrap (med. size wrap) low fat cheese
    its about 250 calories and filling too
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    crepes with nutella
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my favourite recipes, all on my cooking blog :smile:

Breakfast Baby Potatoes (160 calories)

untitled55.jpg

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/04/todays-post.html

Apple Pie Breakfast (115 calories)

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html

Blueberry Pie Breakfast (110 calories)

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/01/blueberry-pie-breakfast.html

Cheddar Bacon Breakfast Sandwhich (363 calories)

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/02/cheddar-bacon-breakfast-sandwich.html

Strawberry Yogurt Parfait (257 calories)

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/03/yogurt-parfait.html
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    2 eggs and 1 dl of cottagechees works for me don know if it low but im stufft along time

this is my favorite breakfast lol it should only be like 200 something calories I always add one piece of toast too :smile:
  • hiba_b
    Options
    crepes with nutella

I love this idea!! I found this recipe, I might try today. 57 calories per crepe :)

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    2/3 cup of nonfat milk
    Preparation:
    Gently spoon flour into measuring cup and level with the back of a knife. Put flour and salt in a medium bowl and stir with a hand whisk. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add egg. Whisk egg and flour while pouring milk into bowl, stirring well to combine. The batter should be free of lumps. Let stand for 5 minutes.
    Spray an 8-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet on medium high. Add a 1/4 cup of batter to hot skillet and swirl around the pan to cover as much of the bottom of the skillet as possible. As the edges cook, use a spatula to lift the edges of the crêpe. After about 1 minute, flip the crêpe over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and start over until the batter is done. This should yield about 6 crêpes, so probably serves 2 or 3.

Enjoy with a sprinkling of confectioners sugar and a squeeze of lemon, or use the crêpes as the base for a fruity filling.

Per Crêpe: Calories 57, Calories from Fat 8, total Fat 0.9g (sat 0.3), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium, 122mg, Carbohydrate 9.3g, Fiber 0.3g, Protein 3g
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    raspberry smoothie, protein powder, supplements, coconut cream, water, sometimes yoghurt or cacao
    two poached eggs with two smallish pieces of toast, sometimes with butter, sometimes with chopped parsley
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Here's some of the breakfasts I eat. :drinker: I just rotate through them throughout the week.,This way I don't get bored. :yawn:

FRUIT-YOGURT CRUNCH
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Shredded Wheat, 13 biscuits: 84 calories (any of the Kashi cereals are good. This is my fave.) :heart:
    1/2 cup Greek Non Fat Plain Yogurt: 70 calories
    3 large Strawberries sliced: 26 calories

FRUITY COTTAGE CHEESE
    3/4 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese (1% milkfat): 120 calories
    3 large Strawberries sliced: 26 calories
    1/2 small Bananas (6" to 6-7/8" long): 45 calories
    2 tsp Flax Seed Whole Seeds: 30 calories
    Sometimes I switch the flax seeds out for a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. They are more calories though, still very good for you! :bigsmile:

This next one sounds weird but I promise you that it is really yummy and is one of my favorite breakfasts! :drinker:

1 reduced calorie English Muffin: 90 calories
    Split & toast the muffin and top each half with:
    1 TBS low-fat cottage cheese (1% milkfat): 10 calories x 2= 20 calories
    1 tsp honey: 21 calories x 2= 42 calories
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon: 0 calories
    1/4 small banana: 23 calories x 2 = 46 calories

And last but not least

Waffle Sandwich
    Toast 2 Kashi 7 grain waffles: 150 calories
    Spread 2 tbs PB2 Peanut Butter on one slice: 45 calories
    Top with 1/2 small sliced banana: 45 calories
    Sprinkle cinnamon on top. 0 calories
    Top with other slice.

Here's one more...sorry I do tend to ramble :tongue:

Greek Yogurt Parfait
    Layer a tupperware container with 1/2 cup of FIber One or Kashi Go Lean, then top with 1/2 cup of plain non fat Greek Yogurt. Then, add a layer of fruit (I like blueberries or peaches), sprinkle with cinnamon and a little stevia. Add another layer of cereal and chopped nuts if you want, then cover with another layer of yogurt.

If you use nuts keep it to a tablespoon or less. They are very good for you but high in calories. Just a little goes a long way!
    Hope these breakfasts find their way into your routine...I have been doing this for about a year and a half now. Met my ultimate goal of 40 lbs lost last October...
    Keep on keepin' on...:flowerforyou:
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Here's one more...sorry I do tend to ramble :tongue:

[/quote]

hehehehehe EL =) Also bumping for the ideas!!
  • MarciMoorehead
    Options
    My quick go to breakfast is Yoplait fiber one yogurt. I love the strawberry and key lime pie. When I eat the strawberry yogurt I add a small amount of Bear Naked Berry Granola. If I eat the key lime I crush one small graham cracker and mix it in.

If I make scrambled eggs I use two eggs and like one of the posters here only use one whole egg and one egg white. I also scramble in a little cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. It boosts the protein and adds some calcium.

For a nice Sunday Brunch this is my absolute favorite recipe:
    Crepes:
    1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
    4 eggs
    2 tablespoons all purpose flour
    2 tablespoons oat flour (can use all oat flour if desired but results better with both)
    Pinch of salt
    4 tablespoons 1% milk
    2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon Splenda Granular

Mix very well together and let sit for about 30 minutes. Spray an 8inch skillet with butter flavored cooking spray and heat over med-low. Pour 2 T. batter into hot pan and gently swirl pan to spread. Cook on one side only until dry. Spray top of crepe with butter flavored cooking spray and slide gently onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.

Cheesecake Filling:
    One 8-ounce pkg. fat-free cream cheese
    1/2 cup ricotta cheese
    ¼ - ½ cup 1% milk
    1 package sugar free instant pudding, cheesecake flavored
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups mixed berries (I use raspberries and blackberries)
    1 square Dark Chocolate (86% Cacao), shaved into curls

Mix all together until smooth. Start with 1/4 cup milk and add more if it gets too thick. Spoon about 1 – 2 tablespoons cheesecake filling onto crepe and fold into fourths. Top with light whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.

Nutritional Stats Regular: Calories – 160
    Total Fat – 5g
    Saturated Fat – 2g
    Monounsaturated Fat – 1g
    Polyunsaturated Fat – 0.25g
    Cholesterol – 121g
    Total Carbs – 17g
    Fiber – 3g
    Protein – 11g
    Sugar – 5g

Nutritional Stats Bariatric: Calories – 80
    Total Fat – 2.5g
    Saturated Fat – 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat – 0.5g
    Polyunsaturated Fat – <1g
    Cholesterol – 60.5g
    Total Carbs – 8.25g
    Fiber – 0.75g
    Protein – 6.5g
    Sugar – 2.5g
    Stats do not include light whipped cream.
  • AAboulhosn
    Options
    crustless quiche:

Eggbeaters for number of servings needed
    Add:
    Cheese
    Green Peppers
    Onions
    Canadian Bacon

Bake in greased pie pan for nearly one hour on 350

I'm going to have to try that..sounds really good. Any idea how many calories per serving?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I scramble 1 egg and 2 egg whites with mushrooms, spinach, onions, ham. That is what I eat every morning.:smile:

Me too. but I put it on a low carb tortila and add piece of fruit. I switch up the veggies, sometimes spinach and tomato or peppers and onions. Or even just a tbls of salsa while it's cooking adds a lot of flavor with a little calories. Add a 1/2 oz of low fat shredded cheese. I try to stay away from salty meats because of blood pressure.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

Sounds good I might try that. What I'm really craving is pancakes with Nutella. I think it would be about 250 to 300 calories for one. Anything similar with lower cal?

I find if I eat pancakes I'm hungry sooner then if I eat more protein.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I call this Roys French Toast, I use Natures Own wheat bread 50 calories, 1/4 cup of Egg Substitute 30 calories, couple table spoons of milk in it, 1/4 cup of sugar free syrup 20 calories, promise butter 5 calories. Adds up to only 160 calories, add 50 calories if you want 3 slices of french toast. Remember you can deduct dietary fiber from carbs.....if you are going low carb.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I almost always have quick oats with some sort of frozen unsweetened fruit and ground flax seed. This morning I had an egg white omelet with fat free shredded cheese, green bell pepper, roasted red pepper, mushroom, grape tomato, 1 slice of smartwhite bread with less than a tbsp of strawberry simply fruit. yummy!!
    Here is a recipe for pancakes from Jamie Eason.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
    Calories: 64
    Fat: 1.3 grams
    Carbs: 9.5 grams
    Protein: 3.5 grams
    Sugar: 0 grams
    Ingredients:
    • 1 1/2 cups oat flour
    • 2 tbsp Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
    • 1 tbsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 tbsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp allspice
    • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    • 4 egg whites
    • 1/2 cup raw pumpkin
    • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze
    Directions:
    1. Preheat griddle to medium heat.
    2. Mix oat flour, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a bowl.
    3. Wisk egg whites and pumpkin. Mix in Almond Breeze.
    4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
    5. Spray griddle with non-stick butter spray.
    6. Scoop batter with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes on a side.
    Makes 10 pancakes.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    special K Honey & oat cereal