The start of the Two-a-Day workout challenge

Options

Replies

• HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    is it to late to get in??? =)

Not at all :o) I am doing it until the end of May. I am not sure how long everyone else is doing it but we are here to support whoever wants to do it :o) So yes join right in :o)
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!

Mon - AM: 2 mile run PM: P90x Chest & Back [Done!]
    Tues - AM: P90x Cardio PM: 45 min elliptical
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group if it's not too late... I'm doing Turbo Fire in the AM and Ripped in 30 in the PM.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm injured! I feel bad for posting it here,but I went too hard,doing leg weights yesterday then running in the morning,then trying to sprint,well my body said no...LOL pulled both quads,so I'm off for the next 3 days,this is going to be torture,I was very upset with myself aswell,thought I was stronger,oh well will be back to at least walking on Friday and work from there,but the nurse guy at the athletics centre said I'll be out of sprinting for 3 weeks,oh noes! :(

Just when I was getting started! :((
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You guys are really motivating! AM=Shred it with Weights, Lunchtime=run/walk, PM Back & Bi's.
  • going2win
    going2win Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tues- treadmill AM, BL bootcamp- lunch
    Wed-treadmill AM

Woohoo !!!! thanks for this MOTIVATING thread =) on my way !!! remember, the scale won't move until you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm injured! I feel bad for posting it here,but I went too hard,doing leg weights yesterday then running in the morning,then trying to sprint,well my body said no...LOL pulled both quads,so I'm off for the next 3 days,this is going to be torture,I was very upset with myself aswell,thought I was stronger,oh well will be back to at least walking on Friday and work from there,but the nurse guy at the athletics centre said I'll be out of sprinting for 3 weeks,oh noes! :(

Just when I was getting started! :((

Oh no! Hope you get better soon :) Don't worry, a few days off will be fine-- I bet your body will actually react great to a little 'vacation' !
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    So I fully slept in today, don't know what I was thinking, you know when you sleep in and then when you finally get up you actually feel more tired than if you had dragged yourself out of bed? Yah that was me this morning :(

AND I forgot I have a doctor appointment tonight after work, so I'm not sure if I can get two workouts in. Wouldn't have been an issue if I had dragged myself out of bed :(

Yesterday was good though, I did intervals in the morning, weights after work and then a long yoga session with my sister.

I'm going to buy a DVD this week, maybe as a "second" workout tonight I will try out some stuff on youtube. I'm still torn between P90x/Insanity and I've heard good things about 30 day shred. Also 30 day shred is only like $10 online...
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    I would love to join your group if it's not too late... I'm doing Turbo Fire in the AM and Ripped in 30 in the PM.

oh yeah def join right in. :o)
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    I am FINALLY feeling back on track...I am telling you it takes a WHILE for your body to catch back up on sleep after being awake for so long. Its awful. I hated not working out but I thought it would have been best concidering Hershel (my bf) was sick and i took care of him and I was so tired I didnt want my immune system to take another hit (with working out and being even more exusted and being around what hershel had) and then taking the chance of being so tired and injuring something and not being able to workout for a while that would totally sucks. But I should be able to get a run in today in between classes.

Hope everyone has an amazing hump day!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    What is this hump day,lol?

@SweetSarahJ: I've learnt my lesson for the future now,and yeah these few days of rest should do me well I guess. :D
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I have not posted in a few days but I’m still doing the two-a-days.

Monday AM: trail run - done
    PM: road bike - done
    Tuesday AM: Plyo-X - done
    PM: hill walk (with wife) - done
    Wednesday AM trail run - done
    PM road bike
    Thursday AM: Cardio-X
    PM: hill walk (with wife)
    Friday AM: trail run
    PM: road bike
    Saturday AM: road bike
    PM: hill walk (with wife)

This is a P90X rest week so I’m just doing what I please. The walking is giving me three days a week with very low intensity PM workouts but I’m trying to help my wife ease back into exercise – and we are really enjoying the time together too! I hate not doing strength training on the off weeks; with the walking and no strength training I feel totally lame. But I know in my head that it is good for me.
  • HLRoberts1987
    Options
    What is this hump day,lol?

@SweetSarahJ: I've learnt my lesson for the future now,and yeah these few days of rest should do me well I guess. :D

it is the middle of the week. Like its an up hill battle monday and tuesday and then wed you are at the top of the hill and then thurs and fri are down hill because they are closer to the weekend. :o) So Happy Hump day :o)
  • LG61820
    Options
    AM=Kickbox, Booty & Core 20 minutes. Lunchtime=walk/jog/skip 49 minutes.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    Nobody posted for Friday! :(
    Anyway the weekend is here,whoop!
    I should really get walking more,my left leg has now given in,
    I'm really going to listen to my body in the future lol,but 2 workouts a day rock! :D
  • LG61820
    Options
    Happy Friday! I am not going to get two in today, but yesterday i did AM Ultimate Ball=36 minutes & lunchtime walk/jog=47 minutes.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted since Monday but am still doing my 2-a-days. Hope everyone is doing great! Weekend is here! :)

Tues - AM: p90x cardio PM: 45 min elliptical
    Wed - AM: 2.8 mile run PM: p90x core synergistics
    Thurs - AM: p90x chest, shoulders & triceps PM: 60 min elliptical
    Fri - AM: 3 mile runPM: p90x legs and back

DONE!

Saturday's plan.. AM: P90x Kenpo PM: 45 min elliptical

Enjoy your weekend!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody
    I haven't posted since Monday but I've been hanging in there! Did 30 day shred every morning this week and moderate pace walking for a hour 2 evenings, very brisk walking for 50 minutes and just got finished doing 35 minutes of cardio with weights. I only missed my pm work out 1 day. Not perfect but I'll take it :laugh:
    Great job everyone , let's keep it up!!!!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Ahhh! I haven't been posting either, but I've been keeping up with my exercise for the most part. I missed one day- wednesday- but oh well! Persistence, not perfection!

And I weighed myself this morning, down 0.7 lb! It's small but I'll take it!

Also, I don't weigh myself frequently, I feel like it's not a great indicator of what's really going on in my body BUT I figured out a little secret as to the best time to weigh yourself..... the morning after having a few drinks. Basically alcohol dehydrates you, so when you weigh yourself, you'll have less water weight ;) I usually have a few glasses of wine on friday nights, so from now on Saturday will be the only day I step on the scale :D
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I did back to back this morning 30 day shred and a 50 minute fast walk burned a total of 554 calories!!! Haven't weighed in for this week. But I will check back with this weeks results. I really feel like I'm down inches but I'm not taking measurements for two weeks. The scale has not been my friend and I tend to get frustrated when I don't see pounds gone. I'm really having to change my mindset about all of this, and it's been challenging for me! I don't want my esteem to be contingent on a number on the scale any more. These 2/days are really helping me with that. It's a super feeling when you're able to keep that commitment. I don't do it perfectly I don't get my 2 in every day but Im doing sooooooo much better that I was. And that is starting to be a good trade off for the scale.
    Now if I can just quit over doing the 100 cal pack mr salty yogurt pretzels:laugh: Anyone have any suggestions?

Have a great weekend and enjoy your friends and family
    Janet