Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cauliflower recipes?

2»

Replies

• pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Roasted Cauliflower,

6-8 oz cauliflower
    1 tbl. olive oil
    1 tbl. garlic powder
    1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese.

tossed, broil at 425 20-40 minutes until desired browning.

104 cal, 11 carb, 4 protein, 6 fat

ala Bigest Loser Cookbook
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    bump
  • I have used cauliflower in place of pasta with alfredo sauce. So good and amazingly filling.

Instead of potatoes in potato salad I have used cauliflower. I also have used cauliflower in place of the potatoes for German Potato Salad.

Take some cooked cauliflower and top with sour cream, cheddar cheese & green onion. It is just like a loaded baked potato.
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    I love mashed cauliflower, and I love the cauliflower pizza crust!! Who knew Cauliflower could make up such yummy things!!
    I also love these Cauliflower Fritters!! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html

I mix up some light mayo, fresh garlic and a packet of the ranch dressing to dip them in too!! :)
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    I just recently post this, hope you enjoy trying them. :flowerforyou:
    Cauliflower Fritters

Servings: 12 • Size: 2 fritters • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 108.9 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 3.8 g • Carb: 9.4 g • Fiber: 2.1 g

This is a delicious way to prepare cauliflower. Similar to the taste of a potato pancake. Your kids will love them! Makes approx 24 fritters depending on size of cauliflower

4 cups steamed cauliflower (roughly chopped)

2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
    1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
    1/4 cup hot water

salt and pepper
    1/4 cup olive oil

In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.

On medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time. Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes. Add a little more oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining batter.

Makes 24 fritters.
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    all these recipes sound great! thanks!
  • Rascl93
    Rascl93 Posts: 9
    We love mashed cauliflower. My kids don't even realize it's not mashed potatoes. I steam the cauliflower and mash it just like I would potatoes. Add seasonings of choice - salt, pepper, a little garlic, onion and maybe some cream or half and half just to cream it up a bit. I'll eat cauliflower just about any way.
  • can u do this recipe in a slow cooker?
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Bump!!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 110 Member
    Wow...some awesome recipes on here :love: We often eat the mashed cauliflower in our house but I had no idea of some of these other uses. Can't wait to try some of them. Thanks everyone!!!
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Bump. All sounds fab!:smile: