WEIGHT GAIN!!!!!!!

Options
*big stinkin' sigh*

Last week, I weighed myself at night, fully dressed (we're talkin' jeans and a sweatshirt), after a big meal and I weighed 146. But TONIGHT I weighed myself with jeans and a t shirt on after a big meal and I was at 151!!! And I'm extremely on track with my nutrition intake and my exercising.

It's totally screwing with my mind and I just need reassurance that I haven't gained 5 pounds in a matter of a week... :(

Replies

• music_lover_103
    Options
    everyone's weight fluctuates depending on the day...even if you're slender, your weight will still vary depending on the day or time. if you want a more accurate number on the scale, weigh yourself first thing in the morning, always wearing the same thing. it's a lot more accurate!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    my weight does this a lot. especially around that TOM
  • ladyshills
    Options
    Body weight fluctuates alot during the week. I always weigh in the morning, without clothing. You haven't gained 5 pounds in a week, you would have had to have eaten 17,500 extra calories to do that. Also different clothing weighs different. Don't stress it!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Thats why you dont weigh yourself at night. weigh in the morning in your undies right after you pee. no water or food

going to be way more accurate
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    nah...
    If your exercising your body will retain water depending on how much recovery it needs.
    I don't weigh myself at night only in the morning.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I highly doubt it! Everybody's weight goes up and down. Try just weight yourself in the morning after you've used the bathroom and with no clothes on.
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I feel ya...if I weigh myself after I eat, I can be anywhere from 2-5 lbs heavier!!! I always weigh myself in underwear, first thing in the am...NEVER afer I eat, or it messes with my head!! :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    The weight from food and drink will vary widely from day to day. I think most folks here, me included, weigh in the morning, on an empty stomach, after using the bathroom and stripped down. How often you do it is up to you. But after meals? You are just torturing yourself in my opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    nah...
    If your exercising your body will retain water depending on how much recovery it needs.
    I don't weigh myself at night only in the morning.

That's a good point... I just started a new exercise routine and my muscles have been killin' me for the last couple of days. :/
  • Aintplayin
    Aintplayin Posts: 102
    Options
    my weight does this a lot. especially around that TOM

:mad: :explode: :angry: :grumble: :glasses: :brokenheart: :huh: :indifferent: :frown: :devil: :cry:

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!! UGH!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    you should weigh yourself in the morning instead of at night time, when you have had food, and working out through out the day. and not only that, your body is disgusting at the same. time. so if you are doing everything correctly, you should havent gain weight..

plus i would go with either being naked or with your undies. right after you use the restroom.
    check first thing tomorrow, and then next week, do the same thing. im pretty sure you will see a biiiiiig different.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you should weigh yourself in the morning instead of at night time, when you have had food, and working out through out the day. and not only that, your body is disgusting at the same. time. so if you are doing everything correctly, you should havent gain weight..

plus i would go with either being naked or with your undies. right after you use the restroom.
    check first thing tomorrow, and then next week, do the same thing. im pretty sure you will see a biiiiiig different.

I'm guessing you meant that my body will be "digesting at the same time," and not "disgusting at the same time?" hahaha. Let's hope anyways!!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If you weigh yourself again in the morning, you'll likely have gone down again.

I see crazy variability throughout a day (+/- ~5#), but it's always lowest in the morning. And if I don't eat or drink late at night, and then weigh myself in the morning, it's the lowest of all.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    I had the same problem this week. Except this morning Mother Nature tapped me on the shoulder with a "gift", I've been peeing ever since! lol

I only weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I pee and poop! If I don't poo right away, then I don't weigh myself that day.

I remember being pregnant all winter long in sweaters ect. Then go in in summer, I would be 9mos pg, in shorts and a t-shirt looking like a blimp ready to pop and they would be livid that I had "lost" so much weight!!! AFter that I only wore the exact same outfit for weigh ins.

Clothing does count! And so does the time of day, and what;s inside you!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    haha did i put that :blushing:

sooo embarrassing good thing you knew what i meant :blushing:

im really red right now :laugh: