Cucumbers - How do you like them?

Options
Please don't bother posting on this thread, if you don't like cucumbers!

But if you LOVE cucumbers (as I do), please let me know how you like to eat them. I'm getting a little tired of just eating them peeled, sliced.

I know some folks make a dressing of sorts to 'marinate' them in, but haven't ever tried it myself.

So how do you like to eat your cucumbers? And if you a simple recipe to add some variety to my favorite veggie, I'd love to hear it!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I like them as is, but sometimes will slice them and add a bit of vinegar and some salt a pepper. Simple, but yummy.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Vinegar and water. Soak them in 2 parts vinegar 1 part water. So Yummy!!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's easy. Next time you slice them up, add some vinegar and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime. You could do a sprinkle of sea salt, but you probably don't need it.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I usually eat them with a dash of salt. When I was younger I used to eat them between two pieces of buttered bread as a sandwich. Not the healthiest choice, but a tasty one nonetheless.
  • goldysgal
    goldysgal Posts: 23
    Options
    I cut them in slices, then put them in a container with vinegar water.... Get them ready in the morning, stash them in the refrigerator and they are great for lunch or afternoon snack.. YUMMY
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like them just sliced and squirt some lime or lemon juice all over them.. soo good!
  • Skinnyme87
    Options
    I like to eat them plain, but also sliced & soaked in apple cider vinegar water solution with pepper. Yumm!
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    before I became plagued by horrendous heartburn... my favorite thing in the world was sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and onions marinated and refrigerated for a bit. YUMM!
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    I'll make a little hot pot of thai peanut sauce and eat cold cucumbers and that with rice... OOohhmygooooood!

Oh, I also like to make Tzaziki sauce out of them and eat it with baked pita chips or other raw veggies. :) Dill, greek yogurt, or sour cream (use some honey if you do the yogurt) a little white vinegar, some shredded onion, the cucumber, a little worchestershire sauce and black pepper! YUM
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I dice them up, and squeeze lemons over them. Then I peel some of the lemon and dice it up and mix it together and sprinkle it all with salt! Normally I don't care for cucumbers very much, but I love them this way.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Cucumber and tomato salad with just a little fat free italian dressing.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    My mom used to marinade cucumber slices in lime juice and the eat them with a little bit of salt.
    tasty
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i use them like a cracker - super delicious with chicken or tuna salad.

they taste really good with watermelon and feta cheese (weird combo, but yummy).

dipped in hummus.
  • TwinsMom2003
    TwinsMom2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sliced with lemon pepper.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I slice them up, dab a bit of french roule cheese and raw salmon trimmings on top. hmm
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i use them like a cracker - super delicious with chicken or tuna salad.

^love it w/ chicken salad.

Or I make my chicken salad with WAY too much cucumber in it, then put on a piece of wheat toast.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    Slice 'em up and sprinkle them with garlic pepper. A seasoning called "Pleasoning" is the best, but I doubt you'll be able to find it unless you live close to one of two locations in Wisconsin that sells the stuff.
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    Marinated 24 hours with zesty Italian dressing, red onions, and feta cheese :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Oh man
  • Paiche
    Paiche Posts: 92
    Options
    -cucumber, roma tomatoes, olive oil, feta cheese, and fresh parsley
    -dipped in mustard
    -cucumber, tomato, and banana peppers with a little extra banana pepper juice. Let sit in fridge mixed over night.
    -low fat whipped cream cheese
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i eat them for snacks at work all the time and i just eat them raw and sliced. sometimes i dip them in Laughing Cow Cheese wedges or these little goat cheese medallions that i get. YUM!