Jumping in...

Options
Hi! I'm new...
35 year old SAHM. I'm always on a diet :/
I read about this site on another board and liked what I saw! I count calories regularly and just started using my elliptical (after having it sit around and hold clothing for over a year). I do an hour everyday (my goal). I queue up a good show from hulu on the laoptop and this is 'my' time! I have been looking forward to it... too many years have gone by without a minute to myself...

I feel good so far!
My stats:
CW:202 (ugh, I just admitted it)
GW:150

*sigh* it looks so bad seeing it right there, in front of me and everyone here :(
Well, here's to the last time I post that!! :D

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like:smile:
  • laurenhelenb
    Options
    Hey!

You know what, our goal weight is the same and so is our current weight pretty much, I am right now at 205. You can do it!! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can take this challenge on!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Our stats/goals are very similar! We can be friends!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    I admire you for the elliptical, every time I try it I get dizzy after the first 5 minutes :S
    Wish you good luck and great results that will REMAIN!
  • SunnyDuckz
    SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'll have to see how to go about adding friends... would love to share this experience with a few others. It seems easier that way :D
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I admire you for the elliptical, every time I try it I get dizzy after the first 5 minutes :S
    Wish you good luck and great results that will REMAIN!

The first 10-15 minutes are the hardest....that's when most people "have had enough" and quit...but keep going! It gets easier after you get over that hump. Then break it up into 5, 10, 20 increments (depending on how long you go). If I go for 1 hour, I do 20 minutes forward, 10 minutes backwards, 20 minutes forward and 10 minutes cool down (slow it down and take it easy).
  • SunnyDuckz
    SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I find that if I have something to do while I do it, that helps. I watched the 1st episode of Lost (yes I am the only one who hasn't seen it!) lol. That was 48 minutes, plus warmup and cool down... a whole hour! Phew... and I get to do it again tomorrow too.