First 5k Run finished!!

Options
I did my first 5k run saturday my time was 37.35, 16th in my division and 143 overall....my goal was to finish under 40min :) Not to terrible considering Ive been training on the TM. Overall Im pleased with my first 5k.

Replies

• VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successful time...under your goal!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
    My daughter (8) and I are jogging/walking in our first 5K next month...should be fun! I've never really run before and it's her first time doing any type of "working out" so we're both learning a lot!

Way to go!!!!
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    Options
    congrats! i just did my first last saturday in 37:46. Then today I did it in 36:18 and I had an incline. Be sure to watch your heel strikes. Try to land on the ball of your foot and keep your feet under your body when landing. I've been reading and watching videos on the Pose Method of running and I have to say it's an amazing technique. It gets your calves sore, but it really does work for me. I had bad knees for a long time and running was always painful once I stopped. Now it's just soreness that I can deal with by using my foam roller or rolling pin.

Anyway, congrats again and good luck in your goals.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I just did my first 5K also! My hubby did it with me (what a guy!). I didn't have time for training tho, I only found out about it Tuesday and the race was Saturday. But we still did decent I think (for a last minute thing) - 41:36. We alternated jogging and brisk walking. Congrats on your time and making it well under your goal! :)
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well done on your 1st 5k runand nice time too. Be proud!!! Too scared to try running off the treadmill, I am more of a power walker on the road. But well done!
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options
    Congrats on your successful time...under your goal!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
    My daughter (8) and I are jogging/walking in our first 5K next month...should be fun! I've never really run before and it's her first time doing any type of "working out" so we're both learning a lot!

Way to go!!!!

Txs....I jogged/walked mine. I just started run/jogging in February and LOVE it...never in a million years thought Id say that hahahaha :) Im planning on doing another one next month and 2 more towards the end of the year. Good luck to you and your daughter!!!
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Be very proud of yourself! Where I live in New Zealand, in February, we have what is called the Buller Marathon. Now, mind you, this is on a mountain. There are a number of ways you can do this marathon. One of which is called the 1/2 Marathon and is walked. If I remember correctly it's 14kg walk. I could be wrong. Anyway - my goal is to be fit enough to participate in the 1/2 Marathon in February. I've never done it and I soooooo badly want to! A year ago, walking about 2kg too me OVER 2 hours! So, ready stories like yours inspires me and gives me confidence that come February 2012 I'll be proudly wearing the "I was in the Buller Marathon" t-shirt and I'll do it decently :)
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Congratulations☆彡 I'm training on the treadmill doing the C25k. Was running outside but my knees were having none of it. Will still have the odd run outside I think. Super job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!