What do you listen to when you work out? Just for Fun!

Options

Replies

• Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Riot Grrrl bands that no one cares about anymore. Woohoo!
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pandora has a workout specific station. It's awesome to use because it has songs with great beats.
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lost Legends of Surf Guitar!

That would be D*ck Dale, Pyramids, The Apemen etc.

I ran 10k on this music style today by adjusting my speed for each (instrumental) song. So it's even HIIT at times but most songs have BPMs equivalent to running 10.5-12 km/hr so that's just good for training.
  • tittiemcnuggets
    Options
    Dubstep.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    Sublime, STP, Pantera, Slayer, A7X, Sprung Monkey, Motley Crue, Stryper, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Slipknot, Katy Perry.
  • nicley21
    nicley21 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have Direct TV so I turn it to channel 805 which is 80's music. I do this while I'm kickboxing or doing anything at home. When I'm out walking I listen to my phone which has an MP3 player. I have a mix of music/genres from the past 20 years on it. :o)
  • Akayen
    Akayen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My gym playlists has mostly pop and rock not only in English but also Japanese, Korean, and Cantonese/Manderin since I like the beat of the music even if I don't understand the language. The English artists are mostly Far East Movement, Beyonce, Eminem, Rhianna, whatever's on the radio currently etc. I prefer watching TV than listening to my music in the gym. A good movie or series can really make the time pass by.
  • HJSilva
    HJSilva Posts: 29
    Options
    Mumford and Sons
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    S & M by Rihanna
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Mainly coutry, some hip hop and alternative. Got christian music mixed in to!
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    Black-Eyed Peas!! I make work out playlists and try to match the tempo of the song to where i'll be in the workout (warm-up, burn, cool-down). Pump it by Black-Eyed Peas is awesome when you're in the most intense part of your work out. Katy Perry and Beyonce are also good motivators, and I like to add in more classic rock things like Queen and Bon Jovi.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to Pandora or an audio-book. While I like having the beat of music to help keep me going, I've noticed lately that getting lost in a good book really makes the time go by faster.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I was a teen in the 80' I love the 80's pop classics. I listen to my music when I am walking. Hearing it makes me remember those days and puts a smile on my face!!!

:bigsmile: I am an 80's child too!!! Most of my playlist is made up of 80's music... especially rock!
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    this is somewhat camp BUT - I listen to a lot of the Glee songs on my phone when I'm in the gym! Anything uptempo - i've just got the new Nicole Sherzinger (spelling?) album and loads of the tracks on that are really good up tempo numbers so they help me going as well :)

But gotta love the glee tunes lol.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an 80's music girl, but love some country, alternative, hip hop and classic rock!! Anything that makes me feel good and keeps me motivated to step it up and finish my workouts!! Definitely gotta love the Glee songs!!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Anything with a strong beat... something I can time my moves and steps with without straining myself!
    Usually it's melodic trance... but when I'm particularly melancholic about my weight and want to be extra motivated, I put on metal and kick my booty harder :D
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an 80's music girl, but love some country, alternative, hip hop and classic rock!! Anything that makes me feel good and keeps me motivated to step it up and finish my workouts!! Definitely gotta love the Glee songs!!

took the words right out of my mouth - saying that I do normally mouth along while on the treadmill running (between gasping for air like a fish). I think it's cause deep down - i'm a little diva that is DYING to get out!!
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

took the words right out of my mouth - saying that I do normally mouth along while on the treadmill running (between gasping for air like a fish). I think it's cause deep down - i'm a little diva that is DYING to get out!!

Love it, we all got a little diva in us!!!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    Beyonce's "B-day"! Lots of up tempo songs that help my work-out go by quickly!

Haha! I love that CD and Get Me Bodied is my FAVORITE!

I also love Disturbed, Nickelback, and other hard rock stuff I ripped from my hubby's iTunes.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Prodigy!!! and Crystal method. I use Pandora too. I reject almost everything that isn't Prodigy or Crystal Method so that's pretty much all it plays now.
    I also like driving to Prodigy. I usually drive to a staircase that I like to run up so I resist the urge to play Prodigy until I get out of the car so I get all excited once I start moving my butt.
    Gotta be careful with the driving Prodigy. With my car it's easy to accidently hit 100mph before the onramp even runs out.