finally fitting in...

Options
smashmay
smashmay Posts: 15 Member
to new pants is great!!!!

I had a girlfriend give me some of her old clothes b/c she had lost some weight. Everything she gave me I could wear no problem...except for 4 pair of slacks size 10. Now we all know that slacks are completely different than jeans, completely different than capris or shorts. Slacks have a mind (and size discrimination) of their own. What size you wear in jeans may not always determine what size you wear in slacks. A size you wear at one store may not even button up at another store. Slacks are the devil, but damned if they don't look GREAT on!

I put those 4 pairs of slacks in the top of my closet until I could wear them. This morning I decided, what the hell, I'm going to church, at church we can wear slacks, I'm going to see how far away I am to actually wearing these. Not zipping them up, not having them on my body, but actually being able to go out in public and wear them w/out people saying 'what the hell was she thinking???"

Two out of four pair fit perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on cloud nine! :)

Replies

• Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    That is awesome...! Good for you and enjoy your day in your 'skinny slacks"...!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That's great! You go, girl! I love it!
  • zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    good job! what a wonderful feeling!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jenniferhanks
    jenniferhanks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You'll be a great roll model for your children.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!