BUT BUT I am not a runner? NSV

Options
AdoraK
AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
I can’t believe it. When I started my Journey on MFP last October I could not stand up for more than 5 or 10 minutes. I started walking on the treadmill at 2.6 miles an hour at only 10 minutes a day. Well today I ran.... ya I ran at 5 miles an hour for 2 miles straight and I could have kept going but I have to get ready to go out this afternoon so had to stop. WOW 2 12 minute mile. At the last minute the song from Chariots of Fire came on. How weird is that. It made me cry for what I had just accomplished. :bigsmile:

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    That is so totally cool, I got choked up myself! Way. To. Goooooo!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Way to go!!!!:bigsmile:
  • JLJones_2010
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet that felt so good.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Woohooooooo! Welcome to the wonderful, rewarding world of redefining yourself! And running. :smile:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • davidpetersonharvey
    Options
    Oh, yeah, that rocks!

When I started, I could do about 5 minutes on the recumbent bike. I'm now doing 25 minutes and reaching about 7 miles. The last time I went to my doctor and weighed, I'd lost 32 pounds since November. That was at least a month ago.

Keep up the great work! It's encouraging to me to see other people getting healthier as I try to do the same. :-)

Peace,
    David
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I seriously cannot run at all and you've given me a little motivation. Thank you and congratulations!
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Keep it up that is a great accomplishment!! So happy for you!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That is a GR8 NSV WAY 2 GO!!!!!
  • tnt30
    tnt30 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good job that is awesome CONGRATS!!!!!!!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    *HIGHF FIVE* truly inspirational! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    *HIGH FIVE* truly inspirational! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • happynmontana
    happynmontana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How exciting to accomplish such a great NSV! I've been pushing myself to run more and this is a GREAT motivation!
  • bornic
    bornic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Keep it up it will change your life. Make me want to get off the keyboard and go run.
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job! Running has never been one of my favorites either...I'm trying to break thru! My breathing is what I have a problem with....how do you do it!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A huge congrats to you! You just told my story as well!! I am so inspired by music during my workouts. If you like the Chariots of Fire theme, you really need to download 300 Violin Orchestra by Jorge Quintero. I intentionally put it into my playlist at a point where I know I will need it and it seriously pushes me to finish strong.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Sounds like you are a runner after all!!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! So proud of you! Pretty soon you'll be saying but but I've never run a 5 K :wink:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Awesome job -- CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!