anyone use an appetite suppressant??

Options

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I am usually hungry when I get to work so I grab a half-cup of coffee and add Almond Milk to it. I drink it hot or cold and found that it curbs my hunger for about an hour.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm another green tea drinker. I also like herbal tea when I'm feeling "hungry" but I know I'm not actually hungry. I also like to snack on celery, carrots, cucumbers, and apples when I'm needing a snack. If I add hummus or natural peanut butter it fills me up quickly and for a long time.
  • sabell82
    Options
    I usually find drinking cold water and trying to occupy my mind on something works for me.

This has actually been studied that people are usually thirsty when they think they are hungry. I do this and it DEFINITELY is true!

"But the truth is when you get that hungry feeling it is very possible that you're not hungry at all but that you're actually thirsty."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1476896/weight_loss_tips_hungry_or_thirsty.html
    http://www.prevention.com/health/weight-loss/diets-getting-started/biggest-loser-fitness-drinking-water/article/3f1a0b233c126110VgnVCM20000012281eac____
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    OXYELITE PRO- I swear by it. It is a bit expensive, but definitely worth it. You can buy it at GNC. Yes, it is a stimulant and needs to be taken with caution.
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    (OxyLite Pro) I ablsolutely LOVE this stuff! I can see a huge difference when I don't take it. Helps with energy and controls hunger.
  • amelia4153
    amelia4153 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am the SAME way! Right before my cycle it's much hard for me to control my cravings. I've found that Total Control, which is an Herbalife product, works best for me. Since Herbalife is not available in stores you have to find an Herbalife distributor in your area to buy it, I think (I have a close friend that is a distributer so I've never had to look for one, but I think you can search for one in your area on the Herbalife website). I don't feel jittery when I take it and I googled all the ingredients and didn't find anything to be unsafe. I use it everyday and really feel like it's helped a lot!
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I find that chewing sugar free gum helps with my cravings! But suppressants i tried a couple when i was younger didn't really help...Mind over matter Girl, u can do ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
  • antipholous
    Options
    It's called protein.

Watch your calories, eat healthy (not just in a calorie limit), and make sure there's plenty of protein in your meals. It curbs hunger better than anything.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    A couple of you have commented about green tea...i dont like hot drinks. Do you know if it has the same effects when consumed cold? And also must it be the home brewed type? I like my local diet green tea that comes in the gallon jug....thinking this wouldnt be the same??
    I drink it hot cold or at room temp
  • Chelsey8D
    Options
    OXYELITE PRO- I swear by it. It is a bit expensive, but definitely worth it. You can buy it at GNC. Yes, it is a stimulant and needs to be taken with caution. If you have any questions about it, message me.

I just started taking this 3 days ago- so far it's wonderful. I've tried other appetite suppressants/diet pills, all of which were complete bs. I've been eating less calories without being hungry and I'm losing weight already. I am a bit worried about the potential side effects/ negative effects on your liver though.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ephedra was the best...I lost tons on that...and didn't gain it back...BUT it's outlawed. Ive taken hoodia, hyroxycut, metabolife, a few more, and nothing worked! I even took something that was supposed to have ephedra in it...and it didnt work either. I dont think diet drugs work anymore without ephedra.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ephedra was the best...I lost tons on that...and didn't gain it back...BUT it's outlawed. Ive taken hoodia, hyroxycut, metabolife, a few more, and nothing worked! I even took something that was supposed to have ephedra in it...and it didnt work either. I dont think diet drugs work anymore without ephedra.

Oxy works... seriously. No, I am not advocating that this is a magic weight loss pill. Hard work at the gym and self control is what takes the weight off, but this really is a great aid!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It is illegal to list ephedra as a diet pill. It is still available over the counter in products called Bronkaid and Primatine tablets.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    When I first started I used Meridia for 1 month. I knew I didn't want to use any medication/pills/supplements for long but NEEDED a jump start. I needed something to curb the cravings and this did it. I was on the lowest dose, did 10 days (a trial pack) and lost 5lbs right away. I did 1 month and nothing great happened so I skipped it and joined here. I lost 10lbs my first month here so I say MFP wins but the Meridia did control the cravings. I thought they had a new study out about it and there were some concerns but I never looked further since I no longer take them.
  • tsgaddy
    tsgaddy Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Oxy works... seriously. No, I am not advocating that this is a magic weight loss pill. Hard work at the gym and self control is what takes the weight off, but this really is a great aid!

This is what I said in another post:

I was hoping that there would be more opinions on this, but after a full week of taking the product, I guess I could offer my opinion. I started it last Monday, and while I never increased my dosage to the two per day after day 4, I am VERY pleased with the results.

I take one pill as soon as I wake up and about 30 minutes later I eat 1/2 grapefruit with 20 oz of water as I start my day. I usually eat my breakfast about 2 hours later when I get in the office. I've read that people complain about nausea, but I think that's because they're not eating in about 15-30 minutes after taking it.

I like that I seem to work harder during my workouts and last week I lost 9.4 lbs (I usually lose 4-6). I'll keep taking it as directed and I'm sure I'll continue to be happy with the results.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Are any of you on Oxylite Pro also doing p90x? I'm wondering if it will help me push further in my workouts
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it was posted, but if you want a natural appetite suppressant eating a handful of about 7-8 almonds along with a glass of water can help limit hunger as well. Here is an article explaining it.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/020887.html
  • ashleyb1031
    ashleyb1031 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I take oxyelite pro also and it definitely gives me energy and gives me a better workout . It also is a great appetite supressant
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Phentermine has curbed my appetite...I'm not interested in food, at all. Thirsty as all get out, however.

But not being hungry has me realizing how much I eat for reasons other than being hungry. I do a lot of emotional and boredom eating, usually at night, and I"m not even hungry so I know I have so someone kick those habits.

I used to use the green tea diet pills from walmart, cheap and they were very effective.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    ive found that just drinking enough water daily is a pretty good appetite suppressant