No more diabetes or high blood pressure! -70+ LBS!

Options
titletown
titletown Posts: 377 Member
Starting weight 310+, not certain because my old scale only went up to 300 lbs ;)

Todays weight, 239!

I was a full fledged Type II diabetic on two different meds.

I was also on meds for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

Have been med free since Christmas 2010 and am now just 14 lbs from my goal weight of 225

Will post before and after pics when I figure out how LOL

300.jpg
239.jpg

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations!!!!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!! Congrats and the changes that happen inside our bodies are just as important as the ones seen.
  • sehncw99
    sehncw99 Posts: 73
    Options
    That is so awesome!! way to go :) Awesome to hear your healthy and happy!! Woohooo!!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    That's so wonderful I don't have enough words to express my sincere joy in your newfound health.

This is what weight loss is all about, health.

Outstanding.

My very best congratulations on a job well done!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Hats off to you!:bigsmile: Can't wait to see the pix!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I have lost 20 total & just went in & had my BP meds reduced. Doc said, "you continue on this path & we may be able to take you off for good!" Hurray! We ROCK!! :happy:
  • titletown
    Options
    Thanks for all the awesome replies.

Pics added!

Time for some new pants, those look a little baggy LOL
  • claudia7777
    claudia7777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so thin and fit. To think you are able to go off your meds and stay so healthy. I am on Crestar and have never dreamed, but will have to ask my doctor after your success.
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment. Those are real life saving changes you have made. It's very inspiring to hear your story.
  • titletown
    Options
    I totally eliminated all forms of sugar, diet soda, grains and most starches from my diet and my blood sugar is normally in the 80's every time I check it now.

I also work out on my elliptical once a day for at least 20 minutes, the desk job I have really does me no favors in that department.

It's been a 2+ year battle, one that I finally took ownership of and was able to conquer it.
  • jjr123
    jjr123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cheers to your hard work and adding years to your life and life to your years!!!!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are where I strive to be, medication free. It might never happen, but that is one great goal. Glad you made it. Keep at it.
  • titletown
    Options
    Another 10 lbs lost, now just 3 lbs from my original goal :)

According to those charts that suggest your optimal weight, I need to lose another 34 lbs to fit into the healthy category, but I think I'll be too thin at that weight.

How do you know for sure where you should be? LOL
  • agameoffate
    agameoffate Posts: 17
    Options
    that is amazing! not just about the weight, but about your health, too! congrats!
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    YEA! I can't think of anything better you could do for yourself than get rid of diabetes, seriously. You have just made your family SO happy I'm sure! :):):)
  • tinatime29
    tinatime29 Posts: 35
    Options
    wow that's great, so proud of you :happy:
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :drinker: To your health! It truly is the greatest reward of this journey.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Awesome!! congratulations!!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Another 10 lbs lost, now just 3 lbs from my original goal :)

According to those charts that suggest your optimal weight, I need to lose another 34 lbs to fit into the healthy category, but I think I'll be too thin at that weight.

How do you know for sure where you should be? LOL

Have your body fat measured.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOW! FANTASTIC WORK and CONGRATS on your loss and your GAIN in HEALTH! FABULOUS WORK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!