Kind of speechless....

Options
2»

Replies

• monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a little over goal than under it personally. I figure if 1200 is the minimum, and less can send you into starvation mode, then 1245 is better than 1100.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Definitely delete and ignore the negative people. Backhanded "compliments" such as those shows more about the person than it does you. My diary is usually a mess, but it's public. I eat what I want, but in moderation [sometimes haha]. I'm not here to be cut and have 11% body fat, or be a fitness instructor, or anything else. I just wanted to lose some weight, learn to exercise, and figure out my eating habits.

Good job on meeting your exact calories! I have problems getting there :(
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    Ahhhhh how frustrating! That is why my diary isn't public... for every 10 supportive people there is one negative one that makes me want to scream!

Keep your chin up... ignore the unhelpful people and remember that this is a marathon not a sprint... you should be meeting your calorie goals that is the idea!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I deleted him! Thanks guys! It's just irritating because then I feel guilty about what I ate when it was all healthy! Grrr haha
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too!! I thought that was really weird cause your diary isn't public (at least not to me) and thought that was quite uncalled for, but maybe I was wrong. I guess I was not wrong.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i saw you deleted him/her....thats what i would of done...what a douche...
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    and wanna talk about short comings? i logged my terrible day yesterday...i went 1000 over...yes...1000...that was bad...but oh well. today's a new day..
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My question is, are they implying that EVERYONE else is lying? hmm

People are sometimes just stupid. I would be annoyed also
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i would 'exercise' the use of the delete button (i think removing someone like that is worth at least 16 calories).

Love this!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thats strange. I have found everyone on this site to be such cheerleaders for each other. I think maybe it came out wrong? Its kind of a weird comment. Either that or someone was feeling bad about themselves.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I wouldn't find it rude if someone said that to me. Personally, I don't get offended by much, but I guess it could have put a dampener on your spirits for the day. I guess people will call me rude for this now. :laugh:
  • MFCuce
    MFCuce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here and just came across these postings. Coincidentally your starting weight of 140 is the same as mine and the 128-130 is the same goal as mine. I am a lot shorter at 5' 1" and 53 years old. Can you tell me how long it has taken you to get where you are now? I know everyone is different. How did you lose your weight? I have been a member here for 3 weeks and just lost my first pound! Apparently all these years I haven't been eating enough calories, drinking enough water and I certainly wasn't exercising. Thanks and keep up the good work!