ABS!

Options
I really, really, really want a flat, toned stomach with definition. What should I do? Suggestions? Work out videos? Advice? Please, please help me!

Replies

• Shay_Prince15
    Options
    Heres what you have to do:

Do sit-ups everynight before you go to bed
    Do every abs exercise that you can think of
    :smile:
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's not just about the crunch it's also about eating healthy, eating clean, proper diet along with a good ab workout routine and cardio.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    It's not just about the crunch it's also about eating healthy, eating clean, proper diet along with a good ab workout routine and cardio.
    thats what i would suggest. i have alot of weight to lose though before i can even start thinking about flattening the abs...
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    a. you need a SUPER clean diet for toned abs. like, way clean, no junk.
    b. you need a very low body fat percentage. you can do all the ab work in the world, but if you have a layer of fat, you won't see them. so do your cardio to get your body fat percentage down.
    c. my ab workout personally is this:
    50 bicycle crunches, 16 russian twists with a textbook as a weight, 30 reverse crunches with a normal crunch, 15 (each leg) medicine ball toe touches using a textbook instead of medicine ball, 15 hip lifts, 15 (each side) toe touch crunches, 15 vertical crunches, 15 side plank dips, 10 (each leg) plank knee-to-elbow twists, 10 (each leg) plank army crawls, 15 (each side) oblique crunches, 30 leg lifts, planks while reading a magazine (not timed, but probably a minute or more each)
    i run through that twice, doing everything very slowly.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    if you have Netflix, there's a DVD that's available to stream online. it's from the Crunch series - Fat Burning Ab Attack. that, plus LOTS of protein (you won't bulk up, i promise. girls aren't made that way) and bicycle crunches(you can find videos on youtube that demonstrate how to do them correctly. that's what i've been doing, and although i still have a layer of fat over my belly, my husband and i can both see a visible difference in the size and shape of my little tummy.

i saw on your page that your fitness goals are very different from mine. i hope you can get some more accurate advice from someone in a situation more like yours.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I eat more protein than fat. And I'm still always over on protein. I also don't need to lose weight. So I'll take all of your recommendations into consideration.
  • grasp
    grasp Posts: 31
    Options
    Loosing body fat is key (of course). There are many great ab exercises.

http://youtu.be/OEv4dGriMCA

Bodyrock.tv has some great suggested workouts.