Help me I want to eat chips really bad!

Options
I have a huge addiction to jalapeno chips and want to go in the kitchen and eat them. I was about to get up and decided I would post in here first in hopes it will help me not go there.
I'm gonna fight my craving for the time being, but it wont hold long lol.

What do I do?

I'm not hungry I'm just having a craving, so I don't want to replace it with another food.

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    I have a huge addiction to jalapeno chips and want to go in the kitchen and eat them. I was about to get up and decided I would post in here first in hopes it will help me not go there.
    I'm gonna fight my craving for the time being, but it wont hold long lol.

What do I do?

I'm not hungry I'm just having a craving, so I don't want to replace it with another food.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try chewing some gum. Minty death doesnt mix with chip-y goodness.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I like jalepeno chips with hot nacho cheese on top....disgusting but tasty
  • mellymlk
    Options
    My husband siad yesterday, just don't eat!
    I was like Gee thanks. If that freaking worked I wouldn't be fat :laugh: :tongue:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Try chewing some gum. Minty death doesnt mix with chip-y goodness.

Oh I did see some in my house today. I'm gonna go find it.
  • healthychic
    Options
    DON"T DO IT, DON"T DO IT!!!:tongue::laugh:
  • healthychic
    Options
    mellymlk,

My boyfriend says that to me all the time! HAHA. Just don't eat. :happy:
  • krwilliams2
    krwilliams2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    have a chip or two but log it first so you see how it effects your day. I like to read fitness magazines when I want to splurge
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth and exercise. Then don't keep chips in your house.
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Phew":noway: I'm over it. I think just posting here helped a bunch. and the gum :)
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Brush your teeth and exercise. Then don't keep chips in your house.

Thanks sweets! You're a great motivator. I'm going to go and throw them out.
  • mellymlk
    Options
    mellymlk,

My boyfriend says that to me all the time! HAHA. Just don't eat. :happy:

Don't you just freaking hate that lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Phew":noway: I'm over it. I think just posting here helped a bunch. and the gum :)
    simply amazing what 10 minutes can do when it's our mind not our body that wants something.... You did great posting here first...it works!:smooched:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    have a chip or two but log it first so you see how it effects your day. I like to read fitness magazines when I want to splurge

Oh that's a good idea. I'm not going to have any chips but logging food before I eat it will be a huge eye opener for me. Thankx ;)
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Chewing gum! :laugh: Works for me. :smile: Whenever I have a craving I usually just plug myself into my iPod to distract me :laugh: Works like a charm!
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    if you can't control your cravings try not to buy those items!!!!!!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    mellymlk, congrats on the 10lbs lost! Keep it up :flowerforyou: . Hope I've said enough to make you really throw those yeaky :sick: chips away. Or, better, I can give you my home address :laugh: - haven't had chips in months and last week I just craved some. Just didn't when I was shopping (I was like: mmm... unhealthy, nonono :noway: , not buying them). Good luck, there!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jgates426
    Options
    not having them in the house is the best idea, but I find that if I am really craving something then I look at the serving size and decide if I really want it. Then I enter it into my log and adjust the rest of my day and exercise around those extra calories. I think if you are too strict all the time instead of learning to make adjustments, then it will not last a lifetime. Be good most of the time and on occasion give yourself a small splurge so you don't feel deprived.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was like Gee thanks. If that freaking worked I wouldn't be fat :laugh: :tongue:

My husband says that all the time!! Gets on my nerves so bad...I always tell him if I were able to "just not eat" then I wouldn't have to be trying to lose weight! Geez!
  • mellymlk
    Options

My husband says that all the time!! Gets on my nerves so bad...I always tell him if I were able to "just not eat" then I wouldn't have to be trying to lose weight! Geez!

Haha exactly what I do. Darn guys