It clearly is no wonder that...

Options
WolffEarl
WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
Next time you feel the urge to be a little hard on yourself, consider this:

Recipe for becoming more fit and losing weight.
-- Be willing to get sweaty have sore muscles, groan sometimes.
- Buy pain medication for aforementioned sore muscles.
- Watch what you eat, count calories, read lots and lots of labels.
- Spend money on work out DVDs, gym memberships, free weights, running shoes, HRM.
- Explain to spouse why you need to spent money on aforementioned stuff while eyebrows might be raised.
- Tell kids for the 20th time" Sorry, Mommy (or Daddy) will not be stopping at McDonalds for Lunch today. Pretend to ignore the comment from your little darlings that " Johnny mommy( or daddy) is much nicer and always takes them to... the happy meal place.
- Wear clothes pin on nose to escape the tantalizing smell of pizza or KFC chicken your significant other has brought home for the rest of the clan while you hide in your room and maybe cry a little.
- Be willing to say NO alot, like a whole lot.
- Sneaking out of the bed to do some exercising just when your partner is having other thoughts about what some good exercise might look like.
- Do this every day for just about the rest of your life.

Success probable but not guranteed.

Now compare this with the
Recipe for becoming unfit and gaining weight:
-DO NOTHING
- SAY YES, say it A LOT.

Success Guaranteed.

Clearly the later is much easier to create, no skilled chefs required. So let us not be so hard on ourselves.

Replies

• Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is funny. Very nice to see somebody with a sense of humor on here. So many posts are just so tragic in nature. You will do well.
  • kristenheet
    kristenheet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this post! SO TRUE!! I just figured out the sore muscles = pain medicine yesterday when someone posted it on my facebook wall! I am not much of a pill taker so I don't think of them on my own!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • tammydspice
    tammydspice Posts: 102
    Options
    I so needed to read that this morning!! mmmwah!!
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Great post and so true! Thanks for the reminder!
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Love it:)
  • sellymack
    Options
    Hahaha! Great post. It is so true that saying no is harder than saying yes. It's all the years of saying yes that have put me here in the first place. Thanks for putting a smile on my face! xx
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    You're way too young to be sneaking out of the bed to exercise! Ha ha!:noway:
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hahaha love it! I've been very hard on myself through this process but that gave me a different perspective. Thanks.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    So true, so true, but I have to disagree with ...."Sneaking out of the bed to do some exercising just when your partner is having other thoughts about what some good exercise might look like. "

I am thinkin....just do both.....more calories burned....more endorphins.....and just well more fun....just sayin
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So true, so true, but I have to disagree with ...."Sneaking out of the bed to do some exercising just when your partner is having other thoughts about what some good exercise might look like. "

I am thinkin....just do both.....more calories burned....more endorphins.....and just well more fun....just sayin

I trully do not know why I would remember this, but many many years ago (when I was a teen) I was in a bookstore and they had these Greeting cards and one of them said: "Calories burned during some good sex: 227 calories" To this day (and I am now 49) I have no idea how this would be calculated.:) Strange how some things stick in your mind.
  • kristarablue
    Options

I trully do not know why I would remember this, but many many years ago (when I was a teen) I was in a bookstore and they had these Greeting cards and one of them said: "Calories burned during some good sex: 227 calories" To this day (and I am now 49) I have no idea how this would be calculated.:) Strange how some things stick in your mind.

Need to wear an HMR while having sex to get a good indication....LOL I keep waiting for someone to post that as their exercise, but alas it never seems to happen. I would do it myself but wait, I don't have an HMR...oh ya and wait, I don't have a significant other....dam....sucks on both accounts.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Need to wear an HMR while having sex to get a good indication....LOL I keep waiting for someone to post that as their exercise, but alas it never seems to happen. I would do it myself but wait, I don't have an HMR...oh ya and wait, I don't have a significant other....dam....sucks on both accounts.

Im in the "no" boat also!!!
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    this is comedy gold! :) I like that it's funny! :):):)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ya know I had KFC last night and it was SUCH a let down...after a few spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and their biscuits...I wanted to *barf*
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Great post. I just heard a quote last night: "Misery is easy; it's happiness you need to work hard at."
    So true!!
    :bigsmile:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Great post! [Insert random comment on calories burned during sex here.] I thought of a couple, but didn't want to go there right now...
    Ted
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    Your post is brilliant and true! I am now a pro at saying NO... I am getting so good at it in fact that my stepkids have stopped asking for the said KFC.

LOL sometimes I am sooo cruel!